DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing a BNC input connector on a SR780 FFT analyzer. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/583931-replacing-bnc-input-connector-sr780-fft-analyzer.html)

Jean-Pierre Coulon January 4th 17 02:31 PM

Replacing a BNC input connector on a SR780 FFT analyzer.

The big top lid is easy to remove. Then also the front panel and the disk
drive. Then I find a small shielded box with 6 BNCs.

It has a lid with 4 screws, the leftmost beeing blocked by the chassis.

Is the the right procedure?

Regards,
--
Jean-Pierre Coulon

N_Cook January 4th 17 04:12 PM

On 04/01/2017 14:31, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
The big top lid is easy to remove. Then also the front panel and the
disk drive. Then I find a small shielded box with 6 BNCs.

It has a lid with 4 screws, the leftmost beeing blocked by the chassis.

Is the the right procedure?

Regards,

So how much clearance , ratchet hex-bit wrench? cut-down hex-bit and
flat spanner ?

JC[_6_] January 4th 17 05:36 PM

On 1/4/2017 9:31 AM, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
The big top lid is easy to remove. Then also the front panel and the
disk drive. Then I find a small shielded box with 6 BNCs.

It has a lid with 4 screws, the leftmost beeing blocked by the chassis.

Is the the right procedure?

Regards,

Service manual has dissassembly instructions and warnings.

http://www.thinksrs.com/downloads/PD...SR780Servm.pdf

Jean-Pierre Coulon January 6th 17 01:38 PM

Replacing a BNC input connector on a SR780 FFT analyzer.

Finally I succeded after removing the 3 large boards and unscrewing the 6
screws at the bottom of the cavity. Aftewards there are screws at the borrom
of the analyzer and you can pull the mother board which has right-angle
soldered BNCs.

Bye,
--
Jean-Pierre Coulon