Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VGA to composite or S converter problems

I needed to convert the VGA output from my laptop to either S or composite video. I purchased this converter and although I can get it to display on the video monitor the picture appears as though the vertical is running off frequency. Naturally there is no way to adjust this on most equipment these days. And there does not seem to be any way the address this in the converter either. I tried selecting different refresh rates and resolution settings on the computer but nothing seems to make a difference. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks, Lenny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-to-TV-RC...MakeTrack=true
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5:39:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I needed to convert the VGA output from my laptop to either S or composite video. I purchased this converter and although I can get it to display on the video monitor the picture appears as though the vertical is running off frequency. Naturally there is no way to adjust this on most equipment these days. And there does not seem to be any way the address this in the converter either. I tried selecting different refresh rates and resolution settings on the computer but nothing seems to make a difference. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks, Lenny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-to-TV-RC...MakeTrack=true

We watch OTA TV. As of the first of the year we will be losing our
present NBC affiliate out of Boston. We live in Southern New Hampshire
and I've been reading that the replacement is a low power Boston UHF
station that will barely reach one third of the present Massachusetts
viewing area. So NH is probably going to be a dead area for that
signal. Consequently we may very well be watching NBC programming on
the computer. This is what happens when a cable company like Comcast
has an opportunity to purchase a network.

I'm presently using XP Professional. I didn't see any provision in
control panel/display to set an aspect ratio. Would that parameter
affect vertical frequency though? I could probably scrounge up an old
TV around here with a vertical hold pot but even if it does provide
adjustment would it even sync? What am I missing here? Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, wrote:

[...]

YOu can't get WPTZ, the NBC station out of Burlington Vermont? I thought
they were up on Mt. Mansfield, certainly one of the large Vermont
mountains. But perhaps they have a less than omnidirectional signal. It
was on channel 5, apparently now on channel 14, and has subchannels for
MeTV and The CW.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5:39:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I needed to convert the VGA output from my laptop to either S or composite video. I purchased this converter and although I can get it to display on the video monitor the picture appears as though the vertical is running off frequency. Naturally there is no way to adjust this on most equipment these days. And there does not seem to be any way the address this in the converter either. I tried selecting different refresh rates and resolution settings on the computer but nothing seems to make a difference. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks, Lenny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-to-TV-RC...MakeTrack=true

I've never tried it but it's doubtful. I've tried to get CBS from Burlington before and I didn't even get pixels. With our elevation Boston is bad enough but Burlington would be a haul for me. I have somewhat of a shot at Southeastern Maine but even Portland would be a stretch. Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:28:39 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

[...]

Lenny,

If you have a PC , right click on the desktop and click on screen
resolution. Set for 640 X 480 if possible. Otherwise set at 1024 X
768 or 800 X 600. You also need to set the screen refresh rate at 60
hz. This is in advanced settings in the screen resolution window.
Chuck

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

The screen refresh rate is under the monitor tab.

---

composite decking [email protected] UK diy 23 November 30th 15 09:36 AM
composite to VGA b Electronics Repair 9 April 5th 09 10:46 PM
FM composite generator Bret Ludwig Electronics Repair 1 March 24th 06 08:34 PM
Help! Composite in Fabian Amann Electronics Repair 5 May 23rd 04 07:24 PM
please help: tv with no composite input Louie Electronics 1 September 2nd 03 01:26 AM