Old November 12th 16, 06:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default mag-lev-turntable

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:05:48 +0000 (UTC),
Bruce Esquibel wrote:

MJC wrote:

I'm sure a vertical turntable was marketed decades ago. I don't remember
the supposed advantage, though...

I still own and use one, a Mitsubishi LT-5V.

I see one sold on ebay last year for 450.

The main advantage to it, it's practically immune to rumble via outside
sources. Within reason, stick it on a wobbly table with a loose floor, jump
up and down while it's playing and, nothing.

It's not the greatest turntable ever built for other things (besides looks)
but it is good at that one thing. Up and down vibrations just don't bother
it.

-bruce

Old November 13th 16, 12:46 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

In sci.electronics.repair, on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 23:34:16 -0800 (PST),
Phil Allison wrote:

micky wrote:

Parts of the video looked to me someone [somewhat] like it was an animation.

** I had the same feeling, close-ups of the patter and PU looked like CGI.

The Mag-Lev company is based in Slovenia - so likely immune from consumer fraud litigation and operating only over the net is such a warning.

No wonder they *all* had Slovenic (?) names.

If it is somehow for real, the dudes have gone to considerable trouble to make it look FAKE.

Good point. Okay, that's 50,000 dollars I can use for something else.

.... Phil

Old November 13th 16, 07:08 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

micky wrote:

** I had the same feeling, close-ups of the patter and PU looked like CGI.

The Mag-Lev company is based in Slovenia - so likely immune from consumer fraud litigation and operating only over the net is such a warning.

If it is somehow for real, the dudes have gone to considerable trouble to make it look FAKE.

Good point. Okay, that's 50,000 dollars I can use for something else.

** You can find vids on the net from independent people - showing a Mag-Lev TT working. It really does float 50mm above the base and it really does spin at a pretty steady pace.

There is some serious cleverness going on here.

..... Phil

turntable abd pickup ? Jim Hawkins UK diy 7 August 26th 13 09:37 PM
Ion it USB turntable klem kedidelhopper Electronics Repair 28 November 23rd 11 11:13 PM
to those that helped with my turntable Vass[_7_] UK diy 10 July 29th 09 10:40 AM
OT--USB turntable Pdk Pdk Home Repair 26 July 1st 09 01:28 PM
Turntable Help Josh Nightingale Electronics Repair 15 March 9th 04 04:29 PM