Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Roomba lawn mower

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:50:31 AM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
There is a device that does what you want, only it is movement operated. It sprays water (at as high a pressure as you can feed it) at anything that moves within 20 feet of it.
https://jet.com/product/detail/86c7c...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Believe-it-or-not, I actually have one of those things.

It "Works" in the sense that if something comes into it's sensory view
it really does turn on the water.... and I was using it for awhile to
guard a corridor that deer were coming in through from a valley across
the street.

But they are not practical for large areas - too much hose needed,
although I guess a major trenching project could deal with that.

Instead, I went over to these things:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A dozen-or-so placed around the yard. Place looks like a Christmas
tree at night and I make sure none are facing the street or neighbors.

Understood that correlation is not causation, but the number of deer
coming into our yard has dropped to about 2 percent of what it was and
our hostas (deer seem to enjoy eating hostas more than other plants)
have survived every summer since.

Still plenty foxes, raccoons, and 'possums - plus the occasional
neighbor's cat or dog - but virtually no deer.
--
Pete Cresswell

What brand type light sensor did you use ?

estimates on sensor range....movement activation...effective target area ?

I lived above a waterfall in black bear country. The fall thundered n vibrated ground fall winter spring. Naybors had serious bear problems. Not in the falls area despite using a bottle landfill against the buildings north wall.

Added a Wolo motorcycle air horn to my van under hood lip...horn attached to hood. Horn freezes deer elk onto roadside. With the OEM horn operating.

New lawn-mower PeterC UK diy 12 August 6th 12 09:32 AM
Lawn Mower don &/or Lucille Home Repair 42 April 22nd 12 05:00 AM
Lawn mower Keefiedee UK diy 1 March 6th 10 10:35 AM
Need help with lawn mower ritpg Home Repair 1 June 2nd 08 07:55 PM
Craftsman lawn mower scalps lawn- need advice George Abbot Home Repair 14 May 31st 08 02:27 PM