Artem Belevich

Default Tektronix TDS 540 and options

I've got TDS540 oscilloscope that originally came without
RS232/Centronix interface. Later on I was able to salvage
interface module from a dead TDS540 hoping to be able to capture
waveforms on my computer and that's where the fun begins.

When oscilloscope powers up with RS232 module installed, it shows
diagnostics page with all tests marked as 'pass' and a message that
there was hardware configuration mismatch and one should check error
log. Checking error log reveals that the 'scope is unhappy about finding
rs232 module while its records tell that there should be none.

I wonder if anybody knows how to change configuration of TDS540
oscilloscope so it would recognize it properly?

On a side note, would anyone happen to have firmware upgrade for TDS5xx
family oscilloscopes (or 6xx or 7xx)? Upgrade procedure is described in
the service and user manuals but so far I did not manage to find the
firmware. My oscilloscope is from one of the earlier batches, according
to its serial number and has f/w v1.10e. I've seen newer firmware on
other scopes (v2.*).

Thanks,
--Artem