DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/45532-sony-dvp-s360-new-laser-still-skips-pixel-restarts.html)

MikeZOD June 21st 04 04:14 PM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

I have ready previous posts on the Sony DVD players, and I have d/l'ed
the info......

This DVP-S360 appears to have a newer M86 PCB in it because I can not
locate the F402 Fuse and from meassureing R418 and R416 they are
already 82Kohms . I replaced the Laser assembly {new from Sony}
and it still skips or pixels or restarts at the same point on my test
dvd {Six Days Seven Nights} Looks like it won't handle small
inperfections like scratches and such, played easily by other players
even other sony models {various} !

M86 1-677-350-32 is printed on the PCB if this helps anyone
to answer my question

any help in this matter will be welcome!

MikeZOD

Mark D. Zacharias June 22nd 04 02:31 AM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

I wouldn't ignore the possibility that your new pickup is defective. I've
had two lately that were - one was a used one which someone had apparently
restocked to Sony, the other had a bad spindle motor right out of the
'chute.

Mark Z.

LASERandDVDfan June 22nd 04 03:29 AM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

already 82Kohms . I replaced the Laser assembly {new from Sony}
and it still skips or pixels or restarts at the same point on my test
dvd

Did you try to autocalibrate the new pickup within the player's service menu?
- Reinhart

MikeZOD June 22nd 04 01:24 PM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

No, Please, tell me MORE! I was not aware there was one!

MikeZOD

MikeZOD June 22nd 04 06:18 PM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

OK I found the Service menu, I have a few questions, Dual and Single
layer DVD's

1.) Can I use regular Movie DVD's ?

2.) Any way to tell them apart "Dual / Single"

I tried the autosetup with what I found on the internet that said that
"Six Day and Seven Nights" was a single layer format.

I ran the SL selection and then tried playing the movie, it still
skips but not as bad!

Please reply am I doing this wrong by useing a movie or should this be
done with some special DVD?

T.I.A. MikeZOD

Mark D. Zacharias June 23rd 04 09:52 AM

Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

Movie DVD's are fine. I still think you need to try another laser assembly.
Bummer I know, but it happens.

Mark Z.