DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No audio via Digital inputs Pioneer VSX-d412 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/45315-no-audio-via-digital-inputs-pioneer-vsx-d412.html)

Orville Phillips June 9th 04 04:49 AM

No audio via Digital inputs Pioneer VSX-d412

I have a Pioneer Receiver VSX-D412 that work ok except I cant get any
audio when I use either the coaxial oor optical inputs.
Any sugestions?.
Orville Phillips

Mark D. Zacharias June 9th 04 11:15 AM

No audio via Digital inputs Pioneer VSX-d412

The Signal Select button on the front panel should control this. Page 31 of
the owners manual.

Would you like a PDF of the manual?

Orville Phillips June 9th 04 03:23 PM

No audio via Digital inputs Pioneer VSX-d412

Thanks for your responce.
I discovered that when I have the MONITOR switch on the SELECT switch
doesnt work. I had run the equalizer/Tape deck through the monitor
loop. I also found that the middle pin on the coax I was using was
short and possible wasnt making contact. I still havent gotten
anything from the OPTICAL in but am not sure if the Coax to Optical
adapter (Audio Authority 977T) is working properly.
Orville.

Bryan June 14th 04 08:54 PM

No audio via Digital inputs Pioneer VSX-d412

have you checked to make sure that your coax or optical inputs are
turned on? do this by going left on your remote. next make sure that
your dvd player is setup correctly. for non dts dvd player set to RAW
audio format. for dts compatible dvd player set to bitstream and then
set dts on.