DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Receiver repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/45308-receiver-repair.html)

maui1015 June 8th 04 08:17 PM

Receiver repair

My Pioneer receiver (VSX-D457) must have gotten zapped by a recent
electrical storm (also knocked out our phones). When I turn the power on
the receiver, the led display cycles on and off at approx. 2 second
intervals. Any electronics wizs that could point at a starting place for
repair? Thanks much for any help.

Don J.

TCS June 8th 04 08:51 PM

Receiver repair

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:17:11 -0500, maui1015 wrote:
My Pioneer receiver (VSX-D457) must have gotten zapped by a recent
electrical storm (also knocked out our phones). When I turn the power on
the receiver, the led display cycles on and off at approx. 2 second
intervals. Any electronics wizs that could point at a starting place for
repair? Thanks much for any help.

Don J.

Step 1: get a schematic

Jerry G. June 8th 04 09:40 PM

Receiver repair

Get the service manual, and then follow through troubleshooting, starting at
the power supply.

--

Jerry G.
=====

Mark D. Zacharias June 9th 04 01:50 AM

Receiver repair

This is actually a common symptom after a mild lightning strike on a
Pioneer.

One or more muting transistors bad.

A tech should really do this repair. Some Pioneer's hold voltage after
unplugged, even.

Mark Z.