DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FIXED! was:Tearing horizontal on F35751MBJX1 RCA CTC169BG5 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/45291-fixed-tearing-horizontal-f35751mbjx1-rca-ctc169bg5.html)

Jason D. June 8th 04 12:02 AM

FIXED! was:Tearing horizontal on F35751MBJX1 RCA CTC169BG5

Hey,

The horizontal tearing picture are on all inputs. It was bad Y4301
that I replaced because don't trust original bec of electrolyte leak.
(503KHz crystal) running off freq. My DMM (fluke) measured 14.8KHz on
heater pin. Picked another 503KHz from junk boards fixed that.

Surprised both of my boss and coworker.

BTW: Like I had said before before stumbled on the crystal problem,
checked the PIP box. No brown slime confirming the original fault was
not the PIP, problem everywhere else which I correctly fixed also.

BTW, I know what PIP problem looks like when I first saw mitsubishi
PIP problem several times and correctly identified problem in other
RCA while back with brown slime in other CTC169 chassis with PIP.
Successfully bypassed that.

Cheers,

Wizard