Andy Cuffe

Default Tektronix 2430 digital scope errors

I'm trying to repair this Tek 2430 digital oscilloscope which is
failing the self test. It lists the following errors:

7000 CCD
7100 CENTER
7200 GAIN

8000 PA
8100 OFFSET
8200 POS-GAIN
8300 BALANCE
8400 GAIN
8500 INV-GAIN
8600 VAR-MAX
8700 ATTENUATOR*

9000 TRIGS
9100 OFFSET
9200 GAIN

After exiting the self test menu, it displays a random looking
sinusoidal waveform on ch 1 and 2. The centering controls work, but
the voltage and sweep time have little effect on the display. I can't
see any obvious problems. What kind of problems have people seen with
this scope? Any idea what could be causing all these errors?
Andy Cuffe

TekMan

Andy Cuffe wrote in message . ..
[...]

Andy,

you'll have to change the CCD first. and pls. check the power supply for ripple.

If both is okay, rerun the calibration menu. Most errors will be cured then.
Runnig the cal menu without a known good CCD won't help.

the CCD s are hard to get,
so good luck.

hth,
Andreas
Amiga_for_fun

I do also have almoust the same errors then booting
up my 2430a and I canīt solve it by re selfcalibrate.
Sometimes it does not boot at all, it only gives me a orange screen and
the two leds, "raedy" and "arm" are set.