rouleau

Default nad AV-716

Hello i have a nad AV-716 wont power up the first power supply click but
nothing happen look like the uprocessor not working voltage on regulators
look ok
i have no schematic

thank's

Steeve

Tim Schwartz

Steeve,

I've got a service note that I wrote down about a common failure in the
AV-716. R921/922/923 (all 0.47 ohm) and R924 (33 ohm) have a tendency
to open. I always replace all four resistors, and I increase them to
half watt flame proof resistors instead of the 1/4 watt ones the factory
used. All of these are on the main PCB near the area of JL701A, the
flexfoil cable connects. Of course, there are other reasons that your
amp could have failed, but this is easy to check.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

rouleau wrote:

Hello i have a nad AV-716 wont power up the first power supply click but
nothing happen look like the uprocessor not working voltage on regulators
look ok
i have no schematic

thank's

Steeve

oivindd

Hi!

Thank you for providing the great tip on the AV-716. The display on my
unit died in February 2004, but the amp itself worked fine until today
(November 2004). When switching the unit on, there was only one click (it
use to be two) and no sound or display.

R921 and R922 on my unit was busted, and both the display and the amp
seems to work fine after replacing them.

I want to replace all the resistors you mentioned. However, I seem to have
a different value for R924. Mine is 8.2 ohms (gray/red/gold) while yours
is 33 ohms. I have removed it from the PCB and checked with a multimeter
(~8.5 ohms) which seems to match the color coding.

Do you know if it is possible that I have a different PCB version? Mine
has the code "NCAR-4692" on it. The amp was bought in Norway sometime in
the 90's (I bought the amp second hand in ~1995 I believe). Can you
confirm that your R924 (sitting next to R923) is 33 ohms?

I would like to apologize in advance for any misconceptions or mistakes on
my part. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Oivind H. Danielsen

Junior Member

Talking

Thank you ... thank you .... thank you.

This worked like a charm. I had the same problems. My display died around the time I had a lightning strike and blamed the display problem on that. I used it for years without the display. The reciever just completely died a couple of days ago and I hated the thought of finding a replacement. I found the same two resistors open and ran to Radio Shack. All I could find in .47 ohm resistance were 5 watt models. They are huge but I fit them in, its ugly but works great.

John