Mike

Default BOSE Lifestyle 12 Repair - Receiver CD Player

Please can anyone give me any advice with my BOSE LifeStyle 12 CD
Player? The motor which is used to position the lens keeps turning
even once the lens hits its stop position, so it doesn't recognise
disks and makes a loud "clacking" sound as the gears jump.

I think there's a problem detecting that the lens has reached its stop
position. When the lens reaches the correct position, it closes a
Microswitch, and the switch is working. The connections between that
switch and the main board are also intact, but I'm not really sure
where to go next.

Is this a common problem? Has anyone fixed this problem before? Can
anyone point in the right direction of the components involved in that
part of the circuit? Does anyone have a schematic that would make
things easier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-- Mike --
Mark D. Zacharias

Possibly a bad drive IC, a bad reference at the input to the drive IC, such
as a problem with a voltage divider, a power supply problem, a system
control problem, let's see. Have I missed anything?
Bose' factory service is really pretty reasonable. They can quote you a
price over the phone. Maybe better to send this one to them and let them
have the headache.

Mark Z.

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Mike

There's more...

After some more digging around, there's a diode on the board that
doesn't seem to be working anymore. At some point it seems to have
gotten very hot, as there's marking on the board.

The diode is labelled D505, and is in series with a 56ohm resistor.
But, the diode has no distinguishing markings.

Please could anyone tell me what kind of diode this is so that I could
replace it? Also, the resistor and diode just seem to be in series
between the power rails, and I can't find any connection do the point
between them. Please could someone tell me what the purpose of this
part of the cicuit is? Have I missed something obvious?

Any help greatly appreciated once again!

Thanks

-- Mike --

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Possibly a bad drive IC, a bad reference at the input to the drive IC, such
as a problem with a voltage divider, a power supply problem, a system
control problem, let's see. Have I missed anything?
Bose' factory service is really pretty reasonable. They can quote you a
price over the phone. Maybe better to send this one to them and let them
have the headache.

Mark Z.

om...