DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FLUORESCENT LIGHT WITHOUT TRANFORMER AND STARTER ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/44660-fluorescent-light-without-tranformer-starter.html)

mowhoong May 6th 04 06:11 PM

FLUORESCENT LIGHT WITHOUT TRANFORMER AND STARTER ?

I brough a "Night Light" of five dollar for my bed room,it is a two
watts small
U shape fluorescent tube, no tranformer & starter found in this Night
Light.
Last week I saw another 6 watts T8 fluorescent light on sale also
without the
tranformer & starter (was switch on). I belive they used a capacitor
act as a high pass filter to run the light. Base on the same theorems,
can I work on my
20 watts FL. or 40 watts FL. Can any person help me to understand this
?

jakdedert May 6th 04 11:54 PM

FLUORESCENT LIGHT WITHOUT TRANFORMER AND STARTER ?

"mowhoong" wrote in message
om...
I brough a "Night Light" of five dollar for my bed room,it is a two
watts small
U shape fluorescent tube, no tranformer & starter found in this Night
Light.
Last week I saw another 6 watts T8 fluorescent light on sale also
without the
tranformer & starter (was switch on). I belive they used a capacitor
act as a high pass filter to run the light. Base on the same theorems,
can I work on my
20 watts FL. or 40 watts FL. Can any person help me to understand this
?

There's an extensive section in the FAQ on flourescents with links which
cover this, I believe.

jak

Andrew Rossmann May 7th 04 10:13 PM

FLUORESCENT LIGHT WITHOUT TRANFORMER AND STARTER ?

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
I brough a "Night Light" of five dollar for my bed room,it is a two
watts small
U shape fluorescent tube, no tranformer & starter found in this Night
Light.
Last week I saw another 6 watts T8 fluorescent light on sale also
without the
tranformer & starter (was switch on). I belive they used a capacitor
act as a high pass filter to run the light. Base on the same theorems,
can I work on my
20 watts FL. or 40 watts FL. Can any person help me to understand this

You might find some info he
http://members.misty.com/don/f-lamp.html

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross