DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Astron RS-50A Power Supply (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/44462-astron-rs-50a-power-supply.html)

George S April 27th 04 11:57 AM

Astron RS-50A Power Supply

Someone gave me a Astron RS-50A power supply. The largest capacitor in it
has been overheated at sometime and the positive post is loose in it. The
power supply still produces 13.6 volts, but I didn't test it with a load. I
tried to email Astron from their website for information and my email
bounced back.
Does anyone know what size and value these large caps are or how to find
out?
Thanks, George

Zeljko April 27th 04 08:45 PM

Astron RS-50A Power Supply

"George S" wrote in message
Does anyone know what size and value these large caps are or how to find
out?
Thanks, George

Look here...

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/astron-index.html

....for schematic.

Zeljko

[email protected] April 27th 04 08:48 PM

Astron RS-50A Power Supply

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:57:48 -0700, "George S"
wrote:

Someone gave me a Astron RS-50A power supply. The largest capacitor in it
has been overheated at sometime and the positive post is loose in it. The
power supply still produces 13.6 volts, but I didn't test it with a load. I
tried to email Astron from their website for information and my email
bounced back.
Does anyone know what size and value these large caps are or how to find
out?
Thanks, George

The RS-70A uses a 2200uf cap at 16 volts. It probably is the same for
the 50.

[email protected] April 27th 04 09:07 PM

Astron RS-50A Power Supply

wrote:

Someone gave me a Astron RS-50A power supply. The largest capacitor in it
has been overheated at sometime and the positive post is loose in it. The
power supply still produces 13.6 volts, but I didn't test it with a load. I
tried to email Astron from their website for information and my email
bounced back.
Does anyone know what size and value these large caps are or how to find
out?
Thanks, George

The RS-70A uses a 2200uf cap at 16 volts. It probably is the same for the 50.

CORRECTION. Upon further investigation with a better print, this time
a RS-35A, the cap is a 2200uf at 18volts.

George S April 28th 04 04:07 AM

Astron RS-50A Power Supply

Thank you for the link. It had the schematic for the RS-50 and the cap I
need is a 100K 25 volt. It is a only about 3 5/8" tall and 2" wide so I'm
looking through my supplier catalogs now.
George