DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement?? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/43958-nec-k3296-power-mos-fet-replacement.html)

Ken_B April 7th 04 07:08 PM

NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement??

Hi...

I have acquired a broken motherboard I'd like to repair, and it has a bad
regulator, marked NEC K3296. A post I found states it is the same as an NEC
2SK3296. Can't find any data or cross reference on it.

Anyone got any idea what I'd replace this with? (It's a three-leg TO-263
device with the center leg cut off).

There is some info on the NEC Chinese site:

http://www.necel.com/discrete/englis...o/to220ab.html

But clicking on a link to a data sheet shows a blank page. It would probably
have been in Chinese, anyhow!

Any help appreciated.

Ken

A J de Jong April 8th 04 05:00 PM

NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement??

http://www.necel.com/discrete/englis...g_info/to220ab
.html

But clicking on a link to a data sheet shows a blank page. It would probably
have been in Chinese, anyhow!

Any help appreciated.

Ken

Here are the info you need:

http://www.necel.com/cgi-bin/nesdis/...rticle=2SK3296

Ken_B April 8th 04 06:31 PM

NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement??

Thanks.

Now if I could only find someone who stocks one, or a cross-reference....

"A J de Jong" wrote in message
On 07-04-2004 20:08, in article ,

Ken_B April 8th 04 06:31 PM

NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement??

Thanks.

Now if I could only find someone who stocks one, or a cross-reference....

"A J de Jong" wrote in message
On 07-04-2004 20:08, in article ,

dmbcia August 3rd 04 12:42 AM

NEC K3296 power MOS FET replacement??

Ken_B,
I don't know if you ever solved your NEC k3296 mosfet problem.
I too had same motherboard melt down.
Did you fix yours or not.
DigiKey reports a direct replacement IRL3202-nd.
The spec sheet has many similarities.
I figure at $1.40 each I'll chance it.
If it blows again, it's still a good door stop.
dmbcia