Marky

Default TV static charge noise

Hi all, hopefully someone can shed some light into a tv problem I have. The
problem is that when I change channel a noise is heard comming from inside
the tv (not from speakers), this noise sounds the same as when the tv is
switched on (sounds like static charge) and it lasts for about
0.5-1.0seconds. This noise does not always occur, it also seems to make this
noise (sometimes) during brightness changing from one scene to another.

The tv is a 3 month old Metz Artos 82 Pro, is this noise normal operation of
the tv? Does Extremely High Tension (EHT) have anything to do with this?
The tv has V/H EHT compensation and many other settings.

Thank you.

James Sweet

"Marky" wrote in message
Hi all, hopefully someone can shed some light into a tv problem I have.

The
problem is that when I change channel a noise is heard comming from inside
the tv (not from speakers), this noise sounds the same as when the tv is
switched on (sounds like static charge) and it lasts for about
0.5-1.0seconds. This noise does not always occur, it also seems to make

this
noise (sometimes) during brightness changing from one scene to another.

The tv is a 3 month old Metz Artos 82 Pro, is this noise normal operation

of
the tv? Does Extremely High Tension (EHT) have anything to do with this?
The tv has V/H EHT compensation and many other settings.

Thank you.

It's normal, the HV will change slightly with image brightness, causing the
tube to charge up again when the brightness decreases.

Marky

It's normal, the HV will change slightly with image brightness, causing

the
tube to charge up again when the brightness decreases.

I never heard it on my panasonic tv, are you saying that I should learn to
ignore it and there is nothing that can be done about it?

Jerry G.

There is probably some dust around the anode cap area, or somewhere on the
CRT wall that is being effected by the slight high voltage shift when the
screen suddenly goes from black to normal illumination. This dust is
accumulating some charge, and is then is slightly discharged very quickly.
This change of state is causing the air around it to shift, thus making that
static noise you are hearing. I have seen this on a number of times in
large CRT type sets. Infact, I have a set does this effect a little bit.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com