Got2Go

Default Viewsonic P810 - Bad FBT ???

Hello,

Viewsonic P810 21" monitor (HV10S).

Powers up, green light on, relay clicks, degaussing coil clicks, neck is
glowing.
But nothing on the screen.

The problems started a few weeks back.
The picture would suddenly expand and contract back to normal size.
It would do this every once in a while.

Then about a week ago, a few times per hour, it started making a 'zap'
noise, followed by what seemed to be the power supply turning off, then back
on (picture would turn off, green light off, then back on, degauss coil
would kick in, then picture would come on).

Yesterday it got worse. The zapping/power-resetting was happening a few
times every minute.

Now, there is not picture (no HV ??). Green light comes on, degauss coil
kicks in, neck glows.

I've read that the FBT is probably at fault.
Panasonic TLFA01365 ???
Does anybody have experience with http://fbtmaster.com ?
They have the FBT for $34.95 (replacement part, not Panasonic though).

Is this the likely cause of the problem?
If so, how does it have to be calibrated after replacing the FBT with a new
one ?
Is it just adjusting the focus on the FBT by looking at the picture ?

Any other ideas on what else it could be ?

Also, does the CRT discharge itself after about 24hrs ?
Or should it be discharged (screwdriver to chassis ground) even after 24hrs
?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Got2Go...

Kevin Carney

FLYBACK is bad

--
change .combo to .com for correct email

"We ought always to know precisely why a given job
is done in a particular way, and why it is done at
all, and why it can't be done more efficiently,
if it must be done at all."-- T.J.Watson

"Got2Go" wrote in message
[...]

David

We tried thoe generics, they did not last long, a few months maybe,
then we had to redo the whole repair all over.

Yes, the flyback is 99% the cause, but you have to check very
carefully all the transistors and mosfets in the hv stage as well.

David

[...]

techforce

I know a shop that bought some from them, and they had to play with
circuitry to get the HV to the right level. Then it came back with a blown
MOSFET as a REDO. Not sure what ever happened after that, but its not just a
easy replacement part they seem to be supplying. Another Vendor I tried gave
same results too. I can supply you with an HR Replacement which more than
likely will work fine. I have one in stock NEW unused from someone else who
bought it and found their Monitor did not use this FBT type. If interested
in the HR, make a Post on my Board:

http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/phpbb2/index.php

"Got2Go" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| Viewsonic P810 21" monitor (HV10S).
|
| Powers up, green light on, relay clicks, degaussing coil clicks, neck is
| glowing.
| But nothing on the screen.
|
| The problems started a few weeks back.
| The picture would suddenly expand and contract back to normal size.
| It would do this every once in a while.
|
| Then about a week ago, a few times per hour, it started making a 'zap'
| noise, followed by what seemed to be the power supply turning off, then
back
| on (picture would turn off, green light off, then back on, degauss coil
| would kick in, then picture would come on).
|
| Yesterday it got worse. The zapping/power-resetting was happening a few
| times every minute.
|
| Now, there is not picture (no HV ??). Green light comes on, degauss coil
| kicks in, neck glows.
|
| I've read that the FBT is probably at fault.
| Panasonic TLFA01365 ???
| Does anybody have experience with http://fbtmaster.com ?
| They have the FBT for $34.95 (replacement part, not Panasonic though).
|
| Is this the likely cause of the problem?
| If so, how does it have to be calibrated after replacing the FBT with a
new
| one ?
| Is it just adjusting the focus on the FBT by looking at the picture ?
|
| Any other ideas on what else it could be ?
|
| Also, does the CRT discharge itself after about 24hrs ?
| Or should it be discharged (screwdriver to chassis ground) even after
24hrs
| ?
|
| I appreciate any help.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Got2Go...

John Gill

The failure of the TLFA01365 is a very common problem in the P810 and G810
Viewsonic monitors. Measure the resistance and capactance between the high-
voltage anode and ground. It should measure open circuit for resistance (I
have heard that about 400 meg ohm is OK) and about 2.75 nano-farads
capactance. The bad ones that I have seen have had capactance of less than 1
nano-farad.
Your quoted price for the flyback seems quite low. I have purchased the
Panasonic TLFA01365 from MCM Electronics at $77.35 plus shipping. If you
purchase the cheaper one, let us know how it works. I have heard that on
some of these, the Screen (G2) voltage is not correct and you have to
modify the circuit to get them to work properly.
John
Martin & Debbie Ghioto

I've tried the replacement flyback as well and it died after about two
weeks. I got mine from someone on Ebay. I'm not sure if these replacements
are coming from the same place, but I will go back to getting the OEM's from
MCM, who seems to have the best price on them.
Martin

"Got2Go" wrote in message
[...]

Got2Go

Hello Group,
Thanks for the great responses.

I have decided not to get the aftermarket FBT part.
I will be getting the original Panasonic part instead.

Now, after the FBT is replaced, what needs to be done to calibrate it ?
I have heard that some monitors require software for calibration.
Does this monitor require that ?
Or can it be calibrated by eye ?

What would be the process ?

Thanks again for all the great help.