DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA Proscan "Pincushioning" (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/43327-rca-proscan-%22pincushioning%22.html)

Timothy530 March 11th 04 11:09 PM

RCA Proscan "Pincushioning"

Thought I'd run this by the pros here before I call in the service tech. Have
a RCA Proscan 50" rear projection unit that seems to have some pincushion
effect going on. Unit has been in service for 14975 hours, since 1998. I
notice more when I'm viewing a DVD in letter box format. Frame on both top and
bottom seem to be "squeezing" inward a bit. Is this a simple fix by a
qualified tech? Any info appreciated.

Tim in Louisville, KY

Art March 11th 04 11:25 PM

RCA Proscan "Pincushioning"

Probably will involve service to the convergence power supply and may need
registration adjustments. Also it may be a failure in the actual pcc
circuits. Suggest having a RCA tech have a go and give you an estimate
before repair.