DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Macrovision hack? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/43171-macrovision-hack.html)

luminos March 7th 04 04:46 AM

Macrovision hack?

"Justin" wrote in message
Rick wrote on [Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:58:45 -0800]:
"DarkMatter" wrote in

message ...
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:13:47 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

Make enough laws and eventually everyone becomes a
criminal. It really is over in the U.S., we've become a
nation of brainwashed, fearful, pussy whipped corporate
prostitutes who wouldn't know freedom if it bit us on
the ass.

Sorry, you total retard, but stealing is NOT a freedom.

Making a backup of one's own property is not stealing,
regardless of what the entertainment industry wants you
to believe.

Well, that's really up for debate though. You do not own the content of
the disc, you only have a license to use it.

And the use is called 'fair use'

- - ex - - March 7th 04 06:34 AM

Macrovision hack?

Justin wrote:
luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:45:08 GMT]:

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .

luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:12:45 GMT]:

I am a member of the EFF.

Well, isn't that special. Now, why don't you learn how to quote some
relevant part of the message you are replying to?

Because it is redundant.

When you have no context and the entire content of your post is
"I am a member of the EFF." it makes no sense.

What is EFF and how can I become a member? Do they give out little
wallet cards? That would be cool. A badge would be cooler.
-ex

Rick March 7th 04 06:55 AM

Macrovision hack?

"luminos" wrote in message .. .

"Justin" wrote in message
Rick wrote on [Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:58:45 -0800]:
"DarkMatter" wrote in

message ...
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:13:47 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

Make enough laws and eventually everyone becomes a
criminal. It really is over in the U.S., we've become a
nation of brainwashed, fearful, pussy whipped corporate
prostitutes who wouldn't know freedom if it bit us on
the ass.

Sorry, you total retard, but stealing is NOT a freedom.

Making a backup of one's own property is not stealing,
regardless of what the entertainment industry wants you
to believe.

Well, that's really up for debate though. You do not own the content of
the disc, you only have a license to use it.

And the use is called 'fair use'

Exactly. The software/recording/entertainment/etc/etc
industries have been trying to change basic fair use laws
for decades now. Does anyone even remember the
"don't copy that floppy" disinformation campaign of the
1980s and 90s?

As for DarkMatter, let him rant. It's natural selection
hard at work. I just can't imagine living in his fearful,
pussy whipped little world

Rick

Rick March 7th 04 07:00 AM

Macrovision hack?

"- - ex - -" wrote in message ...
Justin wrote:
luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:45:08 GMT]:

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .

luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:12:45 GMT]:

I am a member of the EFF.

Well, isn't that special. Now, why don't you learn how to quote some
relevant part of the message you are replying to?

Because it is redundant.

When you have no context and the entire content of your post is
"I am a member of the EFF." it makes no sense.

What is EFF and how can I become a member? Do they give out little
wallet cards? That would be cool. A badge would be cooler.
-ex

http://www.eff.org

Get the t-shirt. And send them money.

Rick

- - ex - - March 7th 04 07:34 AM

Macrovision hack?

Rick wrote:
"- - ex - -" wrote in message ...

Justin wrote:

luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:45:08 GMT]:

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .

luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:12:45 GMT]:

I am a member of the EFF.

Well, isn't that special. Now, why don't you learn how to quote some
relevant part of the message you are replying to?

Because it is redundant.

When you have no context and the entire content of your post is
"I am a member of the EFF." it makes no sense.

What is EFF and how can I become a member? Do they give out little
wallet cards? That would be cool. A badge would be cooler.
-ex

http://www.eff.org

Get the t-shirt. And send them money.

Rick

I clicked all the links and found the 'shop' where they sell the
t-shirts. $20 for a t-shirt, huh? West Coast prices :-) Didn't see any
mention of wallet cards or badges that you could use on the internet to
impress the serfs.
Found a way to send money via PayPal to a seedy street address recipient
in SAN FRANCISCO, go figure. Instinctively that sent me to the
'StopLoading' button on my browser just in case they were loading me
with viruses.
Maybe they are nice people. Maybe its a self-feeding little clique of
wackos. It's hard to sort them out anymore on the internet. I didn't
see any mention of how well their representative in Washington was doing.
-ex

Rick March 7th 04 08:11 AM

Macrovision hack?

"- - ex - -" wrote in message ...
Rick wrote:
"- - ex - -" wrote in message ...
[...]

Maybe you just didn't hit the right pages:

http://www.eff.org/about/
http://www.eff.org/contact/

Brad has been fighting on the frontlines for 14 years now.

Rick

- - ex - - March 7th 04 08:32 AM

Macrovision hack?

Rick wrote:

Maybe they are nice people. Maybe its a self-feeding little clique of
wackos. It's hard to sort them out anymore on the internet. I didn't
see any mention of how well their representative in Washington was doing.

Maybe you just didn't hit the right pages:

http://www.eff.org/about/
http://www.eff.org/contact/

Brad has been fighting on the frontlines for 14 years now.

Rick

Nice wank there, but I had "Brad" (not his real name) over to the house
for drinks and he said he has never been to Washington, DC.

-ex

Rick March 7th 04 08:38 AM

Macrovision hack?

"- - ex - -" wrote in message ...
Rick wrote:

Maybe they are nice people. Maybe its a self-feeding little clique of
wackos. It's hard to sort them out anymore on the internet. I didn't
see any mention of how well their representative in Washington was doing.

Maybe you just didn't hit the right pages:

http://www.eff.org/about/
http://www.eff.org/contact/

Brad has been fighting on the frontlines for 14 years now.

Nice wank there, but I had "Brad" (not his real name) over to the house
for drinks and he said he has never been to Washington, DC.

Troll. But thanks for letting me get the word out about the EFF
to those who do have a clue.

Rick

luminos March 7th 04 08:54 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:56:54 GMT, Justin Gave
us:

"Justin" wrote in message
luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:12:45 GMT]:
I am a member of the EFF.

Well, isn't that special. Now, why don't you learn how to quote some
relevant part of the message you are replying to?

Because it is redundant.

When you have no context and the entire content of your post is
"I am a member of the EFF." it makes no sense.

Usenet posting twits have no concept of the fact that not all
readers (read users) can see all messages that got posted. Some
groups kill off (purge) messages daily.

Of course we know that if these retards don't know how to properly
take the time to make a post that has been properly manicured, they
need to be on the ignore list. No announcement... no criteria other
than outright denial of punctuation, grammar, proper quoting, and
other basic Usenet protocols. Boom, never seen or heard from again.
Then the idiot wonders why his remarks to not garner a reply.

I expect people to be a lot smarter than you are. I responded to Rick, who
referenced the EFF documents. The logic was clear....to someone with a
brain.

And you, of all people, have no credence in talking about punctuation,
grammer, etc. Unbelievable.

HellRazor March 8th 04 12:40 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 22:55:15 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

As for DarkMatter, let him rant. It's natural selection
hard at work. I just can't imagine living in his fearful,
pussy whipped little world

Rick

Come on over, whimpy ****tard. I'll gladly slay you tuesday for a
slamburger today! And laugh at both incidents while you rot.

Jesus Christ, you sound like a poor man's Ric Flair.