DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Macrovision hack? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/43171-macrovision-hack.html)

gothika March 7th 04 02:56 AM

Macrovision hack?

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:37:59 -0800, DarkMatter
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:13:47 -0800, "Rick" Gave us:

Make enough laws and eventually everyone becomes a
criminal. It really is over in the U.S., we've become a
nation of brainwashed, fearful, pussy whipped corporate
prostitutes who wouldn't know freedom if it bit us on
the ass.

Rick

Sorry, you total retard, but stealing is NOT a freedom. It is a
criminal act. For you not to know this mean that you are an obvious
criminal. For you not to understand that premise is even worse.

Jack-offs like you are what threaten our freedoms more than
anything.

How can you steal something you legally purchased?
Sounds to me like you're the jack-off.
BTW how old are you? Can you even remember when citizens had to fight
to preserve the freedoms you seem so willing to throw away to whatever
crooked corporation or corrupt politician?
Or maybe you're one of the Jack-offs that stand to profit from illegal
regulation of the market?

Rick March 7th 04 03:00 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:58:45 -0800, "Rick the dick"
Gave us:

Making a backup of one's own property is not stealing,
regardless of what the entertainment industry wants you
to believe.

Sorry, but you don't need a backup. They do not degrade.

It is THEIR property. The one you bought is your copy. If it goes
defective, that's your fault. Properly used, they NEVER degrade.

If you seriously believe that, you're delusional.

Pay attention to what happens in the appeals process for
this current court case.

They will lose, and you are a loser.

And you're a freaking sociopath as well.

Rick

Rick March 7th 04 03:03 AM

Macrovision hack?

"luminos" wrote in message ...
I read your other lengthy response, that was the ultimate in dumb. Just as
with music, the instructor needs to present excerpts adjacent and
immediately next to each other to make the point. Having a bunch of discs
(or a boatload of them like a boatload of books) makes no sense at all.

The DMCA has failed more legal challenges than it's passed
over the last five years, and that is just one reason. Read
many others he
http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/20031003_unintended_cons.php

Rick

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 23:07:57 GMT, "luminos" Gave us:

Ok genius.....what about the need of education to use segments of DVD for
analysis and presentation in various courses? How are they going to do
this? How are researchers going to be able to deal with compilations of
segments of DVD materials that they own?

Can you really be so dumb?

zingo March 7th 04 03:25 AM

Macrovision hack?

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 07:54:17 GMT, "luminos" wrote:

"Cernovog" wrote in message
. com...
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:06:36 -0500, Neil wrote
(in message ) :

When will people learn that requests for illegal info will be ignored?

In what way is this request illegal? What law does it break?

As long as it is for personal home use, it's perfectly legal for him to do
any darn thing he wants with his DVD.

This is completely wrong. Any copying of a DVD to any form is illegal via
the DMCA. The ruling came down this week.

Wrong Wrong Wrong you Buttmunch.

The decision ONLY pertains to the Cracking of the Encryption Code.
if what you say is true then i couldnt make a copy of my own DVD's
That i create myself.
321 studios will keep on publishing its software, only the software
cant Decrypt anymore.....but of course there are ways around that too.

HellRazor March 7th 04 03:57 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:49:34 -0600, gothika
Gave us:

Well said. Arguing about word play is a waste.
Better to discuss whether we should allow any government to have the
power to strip away our basic rights.

You're a retarded twit.

Stop trolling.

HellRazor March 7th 04 03:58 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:23:58 GMT, "HellRazor" Gave
us:

Explaining himself would require communication skills and civil

interaction
with fellow human beings.

Like that which your lame ass is sooo good at? Yeah... right. ****
off, retard boy.

I rest my case.

HellRazor March 7th 04 03:59 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:21:01 GMT, "HellRazor" Gave
us:

"luminos" wrote in message
.. .
Ok genius.....what about the need of education to use segments of DVD

for
analysis and presentation in various courses? How are they going to do
this? How are researchers going to be able to deal with compilations

of
segments of DVD materials that they own?

Don't try to use logic on him, it just confuses him and makes him angry.

Such folks get access, and legal access to such streams, and they get
said access with hardware unavailable to consumers.

For the school scenario... too ****ing bad. Buy the disk. They are
fully indexed. Move to desired scene. Where's the problem, you
retarded dip****s? School books cost over $50 each so a mere $20 for
a ****ing DVD is nothing.

In years past, a school had to lease a 16 print of a film at very
high rates, back when dollars had considerably more value.

You are a goddamned retard to think that a school that wanted to
show a segment of a film for educational purpose could do it cheaper
with an extraction and copy session than by buying the ****ing disc to
begin with and merely moving to the desired location.

My time is worth way too much to sit around in a retarded edit
session, compiling ****ing snippets. BUY the ****ing disc, and the
****ing job is done. It's called chapter search. All players have
the feature. Get a ****ing clue, retard boy.

Keep pushing him, hopefully he'll have a stroke.

luminos March 7th 04 04:12 AM

Macrovision hack?

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:33:06 GMT, "luminos" Gave us:

I read your other lengthy response, that was the ultimate in dumb. Just

as
with music, the instructor needs to present excerpts adjacent and
immediately next to each other to make the point. Having a bunch of

discs
(or a boatload of them like a boatload of books) makes no sense at all.

Tell us, oh dip****, how did they do it before the advent of video?

That's right. It was costly as ****. Just because a new form
factor is available doesn't mean that it is free to all.

Sure, they are allowed to use excerpts from films legally, but they
still have to buy a copy to legally extract the excerpts.

I never said otherwise. I presume ownership of the source. You can't read.

luminos March 7th 04 04:12 AM

Macrovision hack?

I am a member of the EFF.

luminos March 7th 04 04:45 AM

Macrovision hack?

"Justin" wrote in message
luminos wrote on [Sun, 07 Mar 2004 04:12:45 GMT]:
I am a member of the EFF.

Well, isn't that special. Now, why don't you learn how to quote some
relevant part of the message you are replying to?

Because it is redundant.