Old March 12th 04, 10:46 AM
Jason Pope

Default Macrovision hack?

mike wrote:

This has degenerated into a ****ing match over legal implications.
Back to the original intent...

I'm looking for a Macrovision hack for my Coby DVD-215.
I don't have any more video inputs on my stereo receiver, but I do have
two perfectly good selectable video input ports on my VCR.
You'd think you could play a dvd passed thru the VCR. But no!!!
Whatever macrovision is messing up is in the passthru path too.

Need to get this patched up so I can play legal rented original not
copied perfectly legal not bootlegged, original rented DVDs!!!!!

Did I mention that no illegal recording is or will ever be involved.
And don't give me any crap about DMCA. Gimme the hack.
merci,
mike

Have you tried www.dvdrhelp.com?

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 10:46 AM
Jason Pope

mike wrote:
Start with the ******* that killed my Aunt and my Cousin back in 87'

he shoulda kept going til he got you.

He was busy shagging his mother at the time!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 10:56 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:26 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

You're wrong there!
You are not allowed under your ISP's Terms and Conditions to "spoof" an
email address of a legitimate company,

Dumb****! If he HAS an AOL account, he can post it, even if he is
posting under another connection.

Spoofing is posting THROUGH another address which is not your own,
(THAT'S IP ADDRESS, RETARD BOY, NOT E-MAIL ADDRESS!) and has nothing
to do with an email addy, you retarded twit.

Hey, dick-splatter, I was not arguing with that, your statement was that
he could fake any email address he wishes, when under the terms of his
ISP TOS he signed up for, it will definately say he cannot.

The address he uses has to be registered to him, unless it is a
completely made up address with a domain that doesn't exist, eg

if that email account name is not
registered to you!

You're an idiot. In Usenet, anonymity is perfectly acceptable, and
legitimate as is outright lying on said "title" as the REAL poster
info is elsewhere, and cannot be changed, UNLESS spoofed, and THAT has
NOTHING to do with what is written in the "from:" field. The "from:"
field of a usenet post is absolutely meaningless.

No it isn't, I could change my email address to make it seem that posts
were being posted here from you, that you never made,.......that is not
allowed under your TOS, or indeed my TOS

ie I could pose as Darkmatter the pedophile, or Darkmatter the sheep
shagger, or Darkmatter the wife beater,..........
You want me to go on?

Anonymity is fine as long as the domain name and email address aren't
valid for someone else!

Go get yourself a clue, little boy.

Go pay for a shag old man!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 10:59 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:06:26 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

That's basically because you might cause a load of spam to be sent to
someone who isn't you!

I suggest you reread your ISP's TOS!

I suggest that you learn how to properly interpret what you read.

You don't even know what spoofing is, yet you claim (INCORRECTLY)
that that is what he did. He did no such thing, retard boy.

Now, go bone up! MAYBE you will get a clue before you die.

I was answering your post which you have thoughtfully snipped,

You claimed

"If he has an AOL account, it does not matter what service he uses to
access the Usenet from. Not only that, but he can publish any e-mail
account name he wishes, false or otherwise."

The first part of your paragraph is true and valid, the second part
however is not!
He cannot publish "any e-mail account name he wishes, false or
otherwise", under the terms of his ISP's TOS

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:00 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:08:37 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

Making threats online is also an offence mate!
Sounds very much to me that you are threatening his life, something the
feds don't take well to I've heard!

When "the feds" see the inciteful bull**** that he posted to me,
they will laugh at his complaint.

It wasn't a threat either, dip****.

You want to put that to the test?
I can forward your posts to a couple of guys I know in the FBI if you wish?

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:01 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:09:17 +0000, Jason Pope
Gave us:

DarkMatter wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:16:27 -0500, JW Gave us:

He's posting from Cox. Most likely, the little cocksucker is forging
AOL's domain, you ignorant ****wipe.

My, my... you are one retarded ****, eh? AOL offers access, and
accounts to high bandwidth users. Do get a clue. It matters not
where he connects to Usenet from.

You clueless twit.

As long as that account is actually registered to him!

You couldn't be more wrong.

So post something PROVING me wrong!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:02 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:34:17 +0000, sam Gave us:

The exceptions to this arise largely from case law.
There is no case law as yet relating to DVD backup.
Hence there is no TESTED law that will stop anyone backing up a DVD.
See? I'm doing it now, I did it yesterday, and I'll do it tomorrow.

That does not make your theft legal, dip****. By the way... ****
off.

Doesn't make it illegal either virgin boy!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:03 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:34:17 +0000, sam Gave us:

In fact he can. Notice, you ****witted peabrain, that the consensus is carried here by
anyone with a functioning cerebrum. Of course that will exclude you.

Your wit is that of a military reject. Your IQ must be all of 20.

Cos it has to be lower than 20 to get into the same unit DM was in!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:06 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:35:45 +0000, sam Gave us:

But law relating to copyright is not black and white, has never been fixed but rather has
bent to suit changing circumstances.

Which is why you idiots will lose. There is NO reason to back up a
product that does NOT degrade in "normal use".

Have you not heard of CD/DVD rot DM?
Do yourself a favour and google the newsgroup,......try searching for
"Contact" as well, you'll find the topic!

Jason

Old March 12th 04, 11:07 AM
Jason Pope

DarkMatter wrote:

Fair use allows
copying and using copyrighted material for certain nonprofit,
educational and/or entertaining purposes.