DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Germanium XSTR cross reference (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42742-germanium-xstr-cross-reference.html)

Shoreline Electronics February 14th 04 09:52 PM

Germanium XSTR cross reference

Make : KLH
Model : Model TWENTY
Part : Transistor on pre-driver module. Numbers on it are : 36789 RCA

Definitely germanium type. PNP

Not listed in NTE or ECG.

Anyone have a reference for a replacement.

Schematic of this model?
=================================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
(860)399-1861
(860)664-3535 FAX

=================================

Tim Schwartz February 15th 04 01:35 PM

Germanium XSTR cross reference

Jeff,

My RCA info does not go that far back, but you should be able to take
a guess at the specs. For voltage, look at the voltage rating of the
supply caps, as the voltage should not go higher than that; I like to
exceed it by 50% if possible. For power, is it a small transistor with
no heatsink? If so than a watt will certainly do, possibly quite a bit
less. Beta? not much. Current? not likely to be very high on an
un-heat sunk device. A few hundred milliamps will do.

If you have access to a transistor curve tracer, then you can figure
out the voltage and beta by checking the transistor in the other
channel. F(T) (frequency) of the transistor is not likely to be an
issue either.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Tim Schwartz