DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   S.O.S (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42711-s-o-s.html)

eLeNa February 13th 04 09:42 AM

S.O.S

Hi there,

I have a Samsung PCD-650 audio system (you know, that old stuff) and
I would like to repair it( I've found the problem and I think I know
how to repair it).

The only thing is that I cannot open the box in order to reach
circuitry. As the holes to reach the screws are really deep, I thought
that I could undo them with a long screwdriver, but, although it's
pulled like a magnet and fits well, it doesn't unscrew.

I find that really odd, so if you have lived the same experience or
know how to fix this thing, please reply, i'm going crazy without
music :o/

Thanx a lot,

eLeNa

Rheilly Phoull February 13th 04 10:25 AM

S.O.S

"eLeNa" wrote in message
m...
Hi there,

I have a Samsung PCD-650 audio system (you know, that old stuff) and
I would like to repair it( I've found the problem and I think I know
how to repair it).

The only thing is that I cannot open the box in order to reach
circuitry. As the holes to reach the screws are really deep, I thought
that I could undo them with a long screwdriver, but, although it's
pulled like a magnet and fits well, it doesn't unscrew.

I find that really odd, so if you have lived the same experience or
know how to fix this thing, please reply, i'm going crazy without
music :o/

Thanx a lot,

eLeNa

Two things come to mind, 1) the screws are "tamperproof" ie not the same as
your screwdriver.
2) They are stripped.
For 1 you need a torch to examine the heads.
For 2 you need to apply moderate seperating force whilst turning the screws.
Also there may be plastic locking tabs involved.
Lotsa luck !!

--
Regards ........ Rheilly Phoull

eLeNa February 13th 04 07:52 PM

S.O.S

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote in message . au...

Two things come to mind, 1) the screws are "tamperproof" ie not the same as
your screwdriver.
2) They are stripped.
For 1 you need a torch to examine the heads.
For 2 you need to apply moderate seperating force whilst turning the screws.
Also there may be plastic locking tabs involved.
Lotsa luck !!

Thanx ;)
i'm gonna try your advice tomorrow morning, cross my fingers, hope to
be able to open this thing of box.

Have a nice evening,
eLeNa