DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Info needed on Technics turntable & Toshiba amp. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42557-info-needed-technics-turntable-toshiba-amp.html)

Bob Parker February 6th 04 05:50 PM

Info needed on Technics turntable & Toshiba amp.

Howdy,
A customer of mine bought a Technics SL-Q210 turntable. He'd like
the owner's manual or at least info on how to set up the anti-skating
bias etc.
He also got a Toshiba SB-500 amplifier and would like the owner's
manual or at least the specifications.
Can anyone help? :)

Cheers,
Bob

Franc Zabkar February 6th 04 08:28 PM

Info needed on Technics turntable & Toshiba amp.

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:50:56 +1100, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

A customer of mine bought a Technics SL-Q210 turntable. He'd like
the owner's manual or at least info on how to set up the anti-skating
bias etc.

This particular model is not listed, but perhaps the setup is similar
to one or more of the other Technics turntables in this list:

http://www.nakedresource.com/library_turntables.shtml

- Franc Zabkar

jakdedert February 8th 04 01:00 AM

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:50:56 +1100, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

A customer of mine bought a Technics SL-Q210 turntable. He'd like
the owner's manual or at least info on how to set up the anti-skating
bias etc.

This particular model is not listed, but perhaps the setup is similar
to one or more of the other Technics turntables in this list:

http://www.nakedresource.com/library_turntables.shtml

In any case, usually the antiskate is set to the same value as the tracking
force. There are more elaborate adjustment procedures...one I remember
using consisted of a grooveless LP: You set the stylus down in the center
of the record with the platter revolving, and adjusted the anti-skate to
keep the arm from yawing in or out. AIRC, the numeric adjustment was
usually close....

jak

- Franc Zabkar

Bob Parker February 8th 04 04:14 PM

Info needed on Technics turntable & Toshiba amp.

Thanks Frank and Jak for your helpful advice. I'm passing it on to the
person in question... :)

Cheers,
Bob

"jakdedert" wrote: