DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Part ident Samsung SVR-433 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42491-part-ident-samsung-svr-433-a.html)

Tony Smith February 4th 04 01:21 AM

Part ident Samsung SVR-433

Hi

We had a "brown-out" the other night and my RCA badged VCR didn't come back
to life.

This is a very basic "poverty-pack" VCR and I'm willing to throw a few hours
of my time and a couple of bucks at it.

Anyway, it's fitted with a Samsung circuit board SVR-433 (also marked
AC41-00050A) which judging by the incredible number of unused parts overlays
and link wires is also used for some much more upmarket equipment.

Anyway, the obvious failed components are the motor driver IC (it's cracked)
and a 1/2 watt resistor close to it.

My problem is to determine the value of the resistor (it is comprehensively
fried) I can't even give the component number as it has fried the writing
off the board as well. Looking at the board from the normal front, at the
right hand end of the motor driver IC (IC602) immediately in front is the
1/2 watt resistor mounted upright on the board (marking *could* be C604).

Can anyone give me the value of this please?

I don't normally monitor this group so a reply to
would be gratefully received.

Tony Smith