DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Telescopic antenna repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42216-telescopic-antenna-repair.html)

GT January 22nd 04 09:47 PM

Telescopic antenna repair

I'm trying to save an old telescopic antenna. The think had a small
kink in it but I have gotten about 99% of the kink out. The antenna
slides good now but the little copper slides inside the antenna have
corroded to nothing and the antenna section slide apart. Is there a
good way to repair the antenna? Anyone ever run across this?

Tracy

Gary January 22nd 04 10:50 PM

Telescopic antenna repair

If you are able to get into the bottom section of the antenna at the
housing, you can try to put in some copper shims. Most of these have a
small tab on the copper that fits into a slot and keeps the antenna from
coming apart however. You can also "superglue" the bad section together and
still allow the remainder of the antenna to telescope.