DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VCR Picture Chatters (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42143-vcr-picture-chatters.html)

Roger Helbig January 20th 04 10:14 AM

VCR Picture Chatters

I am not sure what the correct terminology is, but picture on 1 year old =
Consumer Reports top rated Toshiba VCR rolls, sound is OK, but picture =
goes from stable to chattering - really got bad this evening, when I =
re-recorded on old tape which had last been used about 5 years ago. Can =
anyone tell me what is happening and what I can expect to have to have =
replaced to fix it?

Thank you.

Roger Helbig

Mark D. Zacharias January 20th 04 11:27 AM

VCR Picture Chatters

Sounds like an alignment problem (NOT the audio-control head) or maybe
skewing tape.

Mark Z.

-----=osted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =---
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =---

Patch January 20th 04 03:03 PM

VCR Picture Chatters

I am not sure what the correct terminology is, but picture on 1 year old
Consumer Reports top rated Toshiba VCR rolls, sound is OK, but picture goes
from stable to chattering - really got bad this evening, when I re-recorded
on old tape which had last been used about 5 years ago. Can anyone tell me
what is happening and what I can expect to have to have replaced to fix it?

Thank you.

Roger Helbig

You may need to clean the tape path, or it could be a bad tape. Make a new
recording on a new tape & see what happens.

Sofie January 20th 04 03:16 PM

VCR Picture Chatters

Roger Helbig:
You should repeat your test with a "brand new" video tape.
Old tapes can introduce uncertainty with your VCR diagnosis.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie