DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony CTV (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41984-sony-ctv.html)

Mark Rudling January 12th 04 06:39 PM

Sony CTV

We have a sony kv-g21sa 54 odd cm tv at the workshop witch i just cant work
out. There
are 2 flashover marks in the psu near the ac, but the psu is ok, the tv
comes out of standby but only runs for about 4 seconds. if you turn up the
grid and keep on getting it out of standby you can see the frame is being
pulled right down, leaving the rainbow effect in the screen. The set uses a
LA7830 with a strange supply setup with 13V and -13V coming from the lopt.
Anyway if you take the frame ic out you get a normal frame colapse but still
the set shuts down. I think, and this is a guess that the frame drive, or
impulse comes from a 8pin surfacemount ic.

Any help will be great.

Mark Rudling
Shauns TV