DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Xerox all-in-one flash update (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41934-xerox-all-one-flash-update.html)

Bert Christensen January 10th 04 05:39 PM

Xerox all-in-one flash update

I have a chance to buy a Xerox 385 all in one (fax, scan, copy, print
(laser))

The current owner says he attemped a "flash update" that "went wrong" and
now the machine will not "accept data."

Does anyone have any idea how much of a problem this is to fix if it is even
possible?

BTW, I have 40 years experience in the electronic servicing field and am
very conversant with computers so I am not necessarily looking for a dead
easy fix even though that would be nice.

Thanks

--

Bert Christensen, Toronto, Ontario
web: http://bertc.com

---

James Sweet January 10th 04 07:27 PM

Xerox all-in-one flash update

"Bert Christensen" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
I have a chance to buy a Xerox 385 all in one (fax, scan, copy, print
(laser))

The current owner says he attemped a "flash update" that "went wrong" and
now the machine will not "accept data."

Does anyone have any idea how much of a problem this is to fix if it is

even
possible?

BTW, I have 40 years experience in the electronic servicing field and am
very conversant with computers so I am not necessarily looking for a dead
easy fix even though that would be nice.

Thanks

There's a chance you could fix it, but as a general rule I never buy
anything that's dead unless the price is a small fraction of it's value if
working, too often it turns out to be not economical to repair, and broken
stuff is easy to find for free.