DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba RPTV 61A61 dead; need info (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41516-toshiba-rptv-61a61-dead%3B-need-info.html)

bharat December 24th 03 07:16 PM

Toshiba RPTV 61A61 dead; need info

This TV is from 2001. It is dead. When I turn on the TV, the
power_on LED in the front turns ON but nothing else happens (no sound,
no picture). I went through the archive for this newsgroup and
others. Most of the problems there dealt with the blinking led. Mine
stays ON and does not blink. I checked a lot of voltages and
components on the boards but couldn't pinpoint the problem without the
schematic. All voltages seem reasonable (I think) - without the
schematic and the service manual, it is hard to say what the exact
voltages should be. Any suggestions are appraciated.

I would also like to get a service manual or schematic. I will pay
for the items ofcourse (Sears has the service manual for $55+S&H. I
am hoping for a less expensive option).

I have a technical background in Electrical Engineering. So should be
able to understand the risks/language easily.

Thank you for your help.

bharat

Art December 27th 03 05:42 PM

Toshiba RPTV 61A61 dead; need info

Try unpluging the convergence yokes at the converence board, if the set rund
than you either have bad convergence output ics or/and convergence yokes.

"Mike" wrote in message
check your HOT and high voltege circuitry for shorts.

om...