DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ans machine belt source (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41507-ans-machine-belt-source.html)

Salvatore December 24th 03 03:51 AM

Ans machine belt source

Hi,

Anyone have any other source for Answering machine/phono belts other than
kenselectronics site??

Thanks

techforce December 24th 03 05:26 AM

Ans machine belt source

Post the Model / Brand and the sizes if you know them on my Parts Request
board, and Ill get you a quote.

http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/phpbb2/

Paul Landregan December 24th 03 10:14 AM

Ans machine belt source

"Salvatore" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone have any other source for Answering machine/phono belts other than
kenselectronics site??

Thanks

I personally have used elastic bands as a temporary replacement for broken
drive belts. Our Video has had on in there for 3 years now.

Sofie December 25th 03 01:47 AM

Ans machine belt source

temporary = 3 years ? ?
------------------------

Paul Landregan December 25th 03 11:09 AM

Ans machine belt source

"Sofie" wrote in message
temporary = 3 years ? ?
------------------------

I forgot about it, until recently when I noticed it during a routine clean
and de-gunge. My point was that an elastic band can most certainly be used
as a drive belt as a temporary fix. But can last a long time.

Salvatore December 26th 03 04:00 AM

Ans machine belt source

Both of the belts in this Panasonic KXT2740 2 Line Answering machine need
replacement. I would forgo the use of the higher tension an elastic would
place on the bearings and wait until I got the right belts.

The only source I had found until posting charged $4 each.

An email offered some alternatives that charge half that. Still looking
around while I get a catalog from the source so I can add some other
needed items.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Happy Holidays!!

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:09:27 -0000, "Paul Landregan"
wrote:

"Sofie" wrote in message
temporary = 3 years ? ?
------------------------

jasonpalmer January 16th 06 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvatore
Hi,

Anyone have any other source for Answering machine/phono belts other than
kenselectronics site??

Thanks

Yes. Checkout the following:

http://tigerdirect.partsearch.com

I just purchased belts for my Panasonic KX-2740 which has been going strong for years. This is my second belt change. Square belts were $1.45 each however shipping, with the new UPS rates, was about $7.50.

Jason Palmer