Orange

Default rusting

My old computer is starting to rust. There are great withe patches on
metalic parts. Someone told me its oxide. It seemed like fungus so I
heated it with hair dryer. Then it started changing from white to red
(like rust).
What is the best way to remove that white/red thing from my computer?
(don't wanna use sand-paper or similar)

How to prevent computer from further rusting/oxidising ?

Please HELP me, this computer means much to me.
If possible, reply to:

TIA

Henrik Koksby Hansen

How to prevent computer from further rusting/oxidising ?
[...]

Prevent it from getting in contact with oxygen - by lacquering it etc

/Henrik
Jerry G.

I have worked with a lot of computes in a lot of areas. I even have some
that are about 6 years old, working mostly with all their original parts.
These old P1's are mainly used for simple network managers, or simple proxy
servers. I have never seen a computer rust or get corroded on the inside.
Are you in a very humid climate, or where there is a lot of water???

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Orange" wrote in message
My old computer is starting to rust. There are great withe patches on
metalic parts. Someone told me its oxide. It seemed like fungus so I
heated it with hair dryer. Then it started changing from white to red
(like rust).
What is the best way to remove that white/red thing from my computer?
(don't wanna use sand-paper or similar)

How to prevent computer from further rusting/oxidising ?

Please HELP me, this computer means much to me.
If possible, reply to:

TIA

Orange

Henrik Koksby Hansen wrote in message . ..
How to prevent computer from further rusting/oxidising ?

[...]

Prevent it from getting in contact with oxygen - by lacquering it etc

/Henrik

How about using Plastik spray?
Is there any special spray/paint for rusting?
jakdedert

I had a couple that were rusting on the inside. Apparently I didn't clean
out all of the mouse urine....

I know that sounds like a joke...or a punch line to one; but that's what
happened. In my semi-heated workshop/office last year, I got a rodent
infestation, and their favorite place was the warm insides of the few pc
cases that I had 'buttoned up.' The vast majority of my gear stays open,
because I'm constantly upgrading. One ancient full-tower case, which housed
the pc my assistant used, apparently became a 'mouse house of ill repute.'
There was no nest in there, just plenty of evidence that they had frequently
trysted inside. There was only one missing expansion slot cover for access,
but apparently that was enough.

That particular one--and one other--I just had to toss out.

jak