DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba CF32G40 (TAC 9705): Won't tune in stations. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41179-toshiba-cf32g40-tac-9705-wont-tune-stations.html)

Derek Simmons December 9th 03 06:14 AM

Toshiba CF32G40 (TAC 9705): Won't tune in stations.

I have a Toshiba 32 inch TV, Model CF32G40, Service code TAC 9705. It
has stopped being able to receive stations using the internal tuner.
It will still display a picture from the video accessory port. I tried
changing the settings and I can't get it to recieve even the local TV
station that normally bleeds through the cable box and VCR. Does
anybody have any experience or suggestions on how I should approach
trying to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Derek Simmons

BWL December 9th 03 06:12 PM

Toshiba CF32G40 (TAC 9705): Won't tune in stations.

Every experience I've had with these symptoms indicates a bad tuner, replaced
as a unit. Expensive. Better to use the VCR or Cable box (provided it has video
and stereo audio outputs) through the aux inputs.

Derek Simmons December 12th 03 12:59 AM

(BWL) wrote in message ...
Every experience I've had with these symptoms indicates a bad tuner, replaced
as a unit. Expensive. Better to use the VCR or Cable box (provided it has video
and stereo audio outputs) through the aux inputs.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was just that easy. I have
been running it through a Sony VCR but the VCR freaks out on certain
cable stations. So, in the past for the cable stations I would flip
back over to the TV tuner. Maybe it is time to reconsider getting a
TiVo System. I have been waiting for the price to drop on the Pioneer
810.

Thanks again,
Derek Simmons