Jeff

Default after tech left - no tvguide+ descriptions

Hello all,

I have an older RCA big screen TV that had a convergence problem. After the
tech left, my TV GUIDE plus no longer gives me program descriptions when you
press the info button. The descriptions are all blank. I know he went into
the factory setup to adjust the convergence and other things (after he put a
new circuit board in)

Is there something in the factory setup concerning TV Guide plus that could
be causing my problem. All other aspects of the TV Guide plus works.
However it just gives program titles and no description. I do not know how
to get into the factory programming as I did not see how he did it.

Please help if you can,

Jeff
p.s. getting the tech back is not an option

JURB6006

It needs to re-download the info. If that doesn't happen by itself call RCA and
with the model number they can give you the correct instructions to
re-initialize the data. This is a by product of certain repairs and there's
nothing anyone can do about it.

In fact, you are obviously on the internet, RCA's (Thompson) site might give
you the proper procedure. For some models all you have to do is unplug it for a
certain amount of time.

The TV man probably ran the set with no antenna when the physical repair was
done. He did nothing wrong here, sometimes there are safety reasons to leave
the antenna unplugged. If that's the case, all you have to do is unplug it
overnight and it'll be fine. Complications may arise if you use a cable box.

JURB