Zoltrix

Default samsung vcr model vr8060 help needed - can't REC or FF!

Worked fine for 3 years. Now if I press REC, it goes for 3 secs then stops.
Same with FF. Popped the cover open. I see when tape is in and i press
FF/REC, it doesnt turn the front turning thingie fast enough to keep up with
the rear thingie.. no idea what those things are called, they hook inside
the tape and turn.. These knob-like devices.. any idea how to fix this??

Anybody can help me?

thank you.

p.s. dont see any belts lose or anything.. no belts at ALL for that
matter...

BFriedl

No replies in 2 days? perhaps this will bump the thread for ya and get a
better answer. Sound like the take up wheel isnt turning properly. The
tape speed is regulated by the capstan, not the take-up wheel. Havent
done much reaair work, but take a look at the clutches and check if the
flywheel (little triangular piece with wheel that moves from wheel to
wheel depending on direction) is engaging properly. Oh, I see that it
doesnt work on FF? is that FF while playing or just FF? if the latter,
than im stumped!
good luck

--
BFriedl