Michael Tomlinson

Default Viewsonic P815 power supply problem

This monitor got water in it (accident at a friends with their washing
machine upstairs - don't ask!)
It's a beautiful professional monitor (21") and I'd love to fix it...
On inspection it doesn't look like much got in ; there's no real sign of
blown components, and not a lot of obvious water marking.
On powerup, I can hear a high-pitched chirping, as though it's trying to
initialize the power supply and not quite making it, then trying over ...
I've tried powering up the main supply board all by itself (with jsut the
front bezel switch connected - duh!) and it's the same symptom, so the fault
is on the main board.
Firstly I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on things I could try ;
Secondly I was wondering how I would go about getting the service manual /
circuit diagrams for this monitor.
thanks,
Michael Tomlinson
Australia

Wayne

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 22:10:33 +1100, "Michael Tomlinson"
wrote:

[...]

One variant of the P815 can be downloaded here....
http://altmaster.ru/servman/monitviewsonic.shtm

Wayne