Deke

Default '89 Hitachi CU5000K RPTV

No experience with this model. Waiting for the service manual. Good
convergence and white balance in the center of the picture, horrible
convergence everywhere else, wth big black bow on the bottom.
Starting visual inspection for cold solder joints this week. Any
suggestions, experiences while I wait for the service manual to arrive? I
have a sneaky suspicion that the original fault was compounded by the owner
didling with the convergence controls.

TIA

Dennis

David

Vertical mounted boards on metal frame at rear of set or CTC130 based RCA
chassis?

Both will have large numbers of high ESR capacitors causing the problems
described.

David

Deke wrote in message
t...
No experience with this model. Waiting for the service manual. Good
convergence and white balance in the center of the picture, horrible
convergence everywhere else, wth big black bow on the bottom.
Starting visual inspection for cold solder joints this week. Any
suggestions, experiences while I wait for the service manual to arrive? I
have a sneaky suspicion that the original fault was compounded by the

owner
didling with the convergence controls.

TIA

Dennis

Deke

Havent got the back off yet, since I got absolutely nothing done today, due
to the fact that I hit a deer
this morning, and spent the day doing other auto/insurance/hair-pulling
stuff. But thanks for your quick response. I'll return to this thread when
my blood pressure goes down.
Dennis

"David" wrote in message
Vertical mounted boards on metal frame at rear of set or CTC130 based RCA
chassis?

Both will have large numbers of high ESR capacitors causing the problems
described.

David

t...