Bill Webb

Default Looking for flyback for iMac (analogue board revision 1)

Hi all,
As subject implies - I am hoping someone can direct me to a source of
(as cheaply as possible) a replacement flyback transformer, partnumber
6174Z-1003G, for an iMac recently rescued from trash pick-up. This will
be pressed into service (eventually...) for spyware analysis, as I don't
know of anyone yet doing this on Macs :-)

Thanks!

Background:
When the power button is pushed, there is a start-up chime from the
iMac, followed in a few seconds by a chirp from the vicinity of the FBT
and immediate shutdown as soon as the large-signal/analogue board kicks
on. (If the video cable is disconnected, the machine does not go into
shutdown and sounds like it is booting normally.) The H.O.T. and the
'usual suspects' (transistors, rectifiers, flameproof resistors) test
normally.

techforce

Post this Request on my Parts Board, and I will get back to you with a
quote. Make sure to include your City, State and Zip code in the post.

New Message Board for Parts Requests and Support :
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM/phpbb2

"Bill Webb" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Andy Cuffe

Bill Webb wrote:

[...]

Is this a slot loading, or tray loading imac?
--
Andy Cuffe

Bill Webb

It's a tray-loader.

Is this a slot loading, or tray loading imac?