Primster

Default Is a laptop LCD safe to repair

I think that I have to replace a laptop LCD ribbon cable and was
wondering if it's safe to open up the LCD and laptop?

Is there a chance of any kind of shock?
Jerry G.

The only area of high voltage is for the back lamp. You would not come in to
contact with this, if you are changing the ribbon cable. The backlight power
is from separate module.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG