Bill Phillips

Default Mits.PIP

Need to bypass PIP mod. in CK31302.(red conn.)My hard drive crashed and i
lost file that contained this info.Thanks for help. Bill
Phillips
McLoud,OK.

Sofie

Bill Phillips:
Do a google groups search for Mitsubishi PIP bypass..... lots of hits.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Bill Phillips" wrote in message
Need to bypass PIP mod. in CK31302.(red conn.)My hard drive crashed and i
lost file that contained this info.Thanks for help.

Bill
Phillips
McLoud,OK.

James Sweet

"Bill Phillips" wrote in message
Need to bypass PIP mod. in CK31302.(red conn.)My hard drive crashed and i
lost file that contained this info.Thanks for help.

Bill
Phillips
McLoud,OK.

Why don't you just fix it? The capacitors are cheap.

Jason D.

Why don't you just fix it? The capacitors are cheap.

This is true but three things works against yours:

1. Age of TV therefore age of tube.
2. Mitsubishi pip modules tend to be too gone when got their hands on
it or has capacitor gack all over it, more work to carefully clean up.
The stuff is very hard to remove, mostly water, oil and corrosive
emulstion. Very necessary to prevent copper from corroding any
futher. And very certain have to repair several corroded tracks.
3. Labor! Swapping out 26 caps takes quite awhile on a module kills
the profit made on each because of #1 forces you to quote low estimate
like 150 to 200, even less.

Few people uses PIP. It's a no loss to lose it, just bypass it every
time.

Cheers,

Wizard

Alan Harriman

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:59:10 -0500, "David" wrote:

The info at Ohio's Nesda chapter keeps the total labor time well under 1/2
hour for a proper rebuild. Well worth fixing and easy to do.

As I recall, these are mainly single tuner PIP sets, requiring an external
source to provide the video - a pretty cumbersome setup at best. When I offer
the option of bypassing or replacing, probably 99 percent opt to bypass - many
had forgotten they even had PIP.

I do, however, keep a stash of "duds", and occasionally rebuild the least
corroded modules for customers opting to replace.

Alan Harriman

David

Jason D. wrote in message

Why don't you just fix it? The capacitors are cheap.

This is true but three things works against yours:

1. Age of TV therefore age of tube.
2. Mitsubishi pip modules tend to be too gone when got their hands on
it or has capacitor gack all over it, more work to carefully clean up.
The stuff is very hard to remove, mostly water, oil and corrosive
emulstion. Very necessary to prevent copper from corroding any
futher. And very certain have to repair several corroded tracks.
3. Labor! Swapping out 26 caps takes quite awhile on a module kills
the profit made on each because of #1 forces you to quote low estimate
like 150 to 200, even less.

Few people uses PIP. It's a no loss to lose it, just bypass it every
time.

Cheers,

Wizard

Sofie

Alan Harriman:
Without exception, when my customers are given the choice of options....
rebuild or bypass.... and the corresponding invoice amounts, they choose
the bypass.... and yes, most of these Mits televisions are the single tuner
and cumbersome PIP arrangement with an external VCR tuner...... as you
suggested, many of them have forgotten that they have PIP and/or have
forgotten how to make it work with the external tuner.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie