Jon

Default Compaq MP2800 DLP Projector

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with fixing a fault on this projector. The
projector powers up fine and works for approx 5 minutes then shuts
off, fans still run then the light comes back on after approx 2 mins
and it goes through the cycle again. The bulb is fine and has been
replaced. Its not getting overly hot so i don't think its actualy
overheating.

If anyone can offer some insight or has a service manual they could
email me, I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

James Sweet

"red" wrote in message

Buy an NEC

That's not very helpful now is it?

James Sweet

"red" wrote in message

Buy an NEC

That's not very helpful now is it?

red

I apologize. I work on projectors day in and day out and anytime someone
brings me a Compaq or a Dell with a problem like this I have no clue.
Usually send the thing to the factory. Computer companies like that wont
provide service manuals or tech help unless I pay or become a service
center.

Do you get any status lights? Do you hear the color wheel inside spinning or
stopping or starting up. Have you checked the filters and made sure there
clean?

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"red" wrote in message

Buy an NEC

That's not very helpful now is it?

Jon

"red" wrote in message .. .
I apologize. I work on projectors day in and day out and anytime someone
brings me a Compaq or a Dell with a problem like this I have no clue.
Usually send the thing to the factory. Computer companies like that wont
provide service manuals or tech help unless I pay or become a service
center.

Do you get any status lights? Do you hear the color wheel inside spinning or
stopping or starting up. Have you checked the filters and made sure there
clean?

Thanks, I've checked the filters air flow etc and they are all clear.
When turned on first the colour wheel spins up and the projector works
fine, the fans spin up and evrything is fine for 3-5 mins. Then it
shuts off (colour wheel, fans, light) the power button flashes orange.
( I think if its overheated all the buttons should flash but this
doesn't happen ) then after approx 3-5 mins it starts itself up again
and the cycle repeats.

I heard similar problems with other makes too but never found a cause,

Thanks
jon

"red" wrote in message

Buy an NEC

That's not very helpful now is it?

red

Hmmmm... I do not have light codes, so I am unable to troubleshoot. What
sucks is that your looking at about $200 repair for something that is
PROBALY relativly small. While it is on check what settings you can. Lamp
hour reset, auto power, power save. Maybe it needs a signal for it to stay
on. Sorry I can't help.

"Jon" wrote in message
om...

.. .