kasstzam

Default 33" Mitsubishi tv - help sought

Hi
We own a 33" Mitsubishi television (model TT-33C1STX ) and although it's a
good few years old has a fantastic picture and sound quality.
Our problem is that it now refuses to come out of standby.
The power on light flashes, but nothing else happens. On occassion it will
fire up and work, but goes off again when it feels like it.
We have now removed it from the power altogether awaiting repair. Our other
problem is that the sheer size of the unit is making it extremely hard to
get repaired, it simply won't fit in our car!
As far as I know, there are a series of "fuses"(?) that run from the on/off
switch and it is common to have one or more of these fail.
Can anyone offer any advice on a possible cause for this problem and
solution?
Thanks in advance
Richard

Jerry G.

This could be a failure in the power supply, or in the horiz or vertical
scan sections. The tech would have to properly go through the set in order
to determine where the failure is. These types of faults are common in sets
that have a number of years on them.

Once you have the estimate, you can then decide if the set is worth to
service. A fuse will usually only blow if there is a dead short somewhere.
If there is a short, then there has to be some components that are shorted
out. It is not often that a blown fuse is the only fault in these sets.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"kasstzam" wrote in message
Hi
We own a 33" Mitsubishi television (model TT-33C1STX ) and although it's a
good few years old has a fantastic picture and sound quality.
Our problem is that it now refuses to come out of standby.
The power on light flashes, but nothing else happens. On occassion it will
fire up and work, but goes off again when it feels like it.
We have now removed it from the power altogether awaiting repair. Our other
problem is that the sheer size of the unit is making it extremely hard to
get repaired, it simply won't fit in our car!
As far as I know, there are a series of "fuses"(?) that run from the on/off
switch and it is common to have one or more of these fail.
Can anyone offer any advice on a possible cause for this problem and
solution?
Thanks in advance
Richard

kasstzam

Hi Jerry
Thanks for your reply. When the set does come on, the pictures is great.
Looks like I'm gonna have to hire a truck to get this thing sorted.
"Anyone wanna buy a telly?" lol