John

Default Mitsubishi VS-6047 Power problem

Does anyone have a good resource for finding a schematic for this tv.
The main power 5A fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and it does not blow
anymore. The TV power light will come on for about 3 seconds, sounds
like a realy kicks on and then the power shuts off.

Any schematic help or repair help
BWL

Does it make any high voltage before the thing shuts down? If so, the vertical
IC may need to be resoldered or replaced (check those caps near it). If it's
not making any H.V., I think this set is the one that uses the STRM6515A for
main power regulation. It's probably bad; you MUST use the 6515A; the 6515
won't work. I also saw one of these with the big 15 watt 1.2 or 1.5 ohm
resistor open after a blown fuse.

John

"BWL" wrote in message
Does it make any high voltage before the thing shuts down? If so, the

vertical
IC may need to be resoldered or replaced (check those caps near it). If

it's
not making any H.V., I think this set is the one that uses the STRM6515A

for
main power regulation. It's probably bad; you MUST use the 6515A; the 6515
won't work. I also saw one of these with the big 15 watt 1.2 or 1.5 ohm
resistor open after a blown fuse.

Where can I find a schematic or information on where to check the
highvoltage point. I have worked on TV's years ago in college, but now
work on lower voltage components and I am not sure where to check
these voltages at.
David

You need to BUY the service manual set from Mitsubishi for the schematic,
you might not like the price $100 average.
Before going much into the set at all, a COMPLETE ESR check of ALL
electrolytic capacitors should be done and a good visual check for any signs
of leakage. High esr capacitors are a common problem taking out the power
supply in that set. Replace just the semiconductor and you will be fixing
it again soon.

Ditto on using the correct regulator.

Even if you have basic electronics experience, you really need to have
experience on modern tv sets (last few years) before attempting a repair on
this one unless you have an experienced tech available in person to assist.
If your recent experience includes IC based SMPS, sweep circuits, I2C data
bus controlled tv circuits, then you might not need in person help. Once
you have the complete service manual in hand, it might give you enough of an
idea where to go next.

David

John wrote in message
om...

"BWL" wrote in message
Does it make any high voltage before the thing shuts down? If so, the

vertical
IC may need to be resoldered or replaced (check those caps near it).

If
it's
not making any H.V., I think this set is the one that uses the

STRM6515A
for
main power regulation. It's probably bad; you MUST use the 6515A; the

6515
won't work. I also saw one of these with the big 15 watt 1.2 or 1.5

ohm
resistor open after a blown fuse.

Where can I find a schematic or information on where to check the
highvoltage point. I have worked on TV's years ago in college, but now
work on lower voltage components and I am not sure where to check
these voltages at.

Alan Harriman

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:11:24 -0500, "David" wrote:

You need to BUY the service manual set from Mitsubishi for the schematic,
you might not like the price $100 average.

You could try www.servicemanuals.net

I haven't used them myself, but I hear they are decent quality. Mitsubishi
manuals are $32.50 plus shipping.

However, they don't list that exact model. But similar models of the same
chassis (VZ3 chassis) are listed. They include models TS-4545, TS-5045, TS-5545,
VS-4543, VS-4544, VS-5043, VS-5044, VS-5047, VS-6043, VS-6047.

Alan Harriman

[...]

John wrote in message
. com...

"BWL" wrote in message
Does it make any high voltage before the thing shuts down? If so, the
vertical
IC may need to be resoldered or replaced (check those caps near it).

If
it's
not making any H.V., I think this set is the one that uses the

STRM6515A
for
main power regulation. It's probably bad; you MUST use the 6515A; the

6515
won't work. I also saw one of these with the big 15 watt 1.2 or 1.5

ohm
resistor open after a blown fuse.

Where can I find a schematic or information on where to check the
highvoltage point. I have worked on TV's years ago in college, but now
work on lower voltage components and I am not sure where to check
these voltages at.

Leonard Caillouet

You can get the manual from Mitsubishi for $40.

This is a VZ3 chassis. The first thing to check is to look very carefully
on the circuit boards for coolant leakage from the CRTs. Also ESR and
inspect electrolytic caps for leakage and check for bad solder connections
at the typical places, including the yokes.

Leonard Caillouet

"John" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have a good resource for finding a schematic for this tv.
The main power 5A fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and it does not blow
anymore. The TV power light will come on for about 3 seconds, sounds
like a realy kicks on and then the power shuts off.

Any schematic help or repair help

John

Alan Harriman wrote in message . ..
[...]

John wrote in message
. com...

"BWL" wrote in message
Does it make any high voltage before the thing shuts down? If so, the

vertical
IC may need to be resoldered or replaced (check those caps near it).

If
it's
not making any H.V., I think this set is the one that uses the

STRM6515A
for
main power regulation. It's probably bad; you MUST use the 6515A; the

6515
won't work. I also saw one of these with the big 15 watt 1.2 or 1.5

ohm
resistor open after a blown fuse.

Where can I find a schematic or information on where to check the
highvoltage point. I have worked on TV's years ago in college, but now
work on lower voltage components and I am not sure where to check
these voltages at.

I got the schematic from Mistsubishi and started troubleshooting it.
When the relay clicks on, there is 166Volts coming out of the
rectifier. Then the 166V goes through a 12Kohm resistor to a
Str-M6811. I have the 166V on one side of the resistor, but lose it on
the other side that connects to the strm6811. How does that strm6811
work and what does it do. I can not find a datasheet on it.

John

I have finally got the schematic and started troubleshooting. I have
166V coming from d900 after the relay turns on, this goes through R907
a 15kohm resisor to a regulator, a str-m6811. I have the 166v on the
topside of r907, but on the bottom side of r907, the side that goes to
the strm6811, I have zero. This regulator turns on the transformer
voltage to make the high voltage, which I do not have.

Does anyone know how this strm-6811 works? The input voltage goes to
pin 5, v-in. Where could I get a datasheet on this?

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message news:kBVtb.643$%b2.56@lakeread05...
You can get the manual from Mitsubishi for $40.

This is a VZ3 chassis. The first thing to check is to look very carefully
on the circuit boards for coolant leakage from the CRTs. Also ESR and
inspect electrolytic caps for leakage and check for bad solder connections
at the typical places, including the yokes.

Leonard Caillouet

om...