Mr Data

Default Hitachi C32WD2TN kept going into standby.

This is my first post here and I hope somebody can help me avoid buying a
new TV, one that I cannot afford.

To cut a long story short, I have the above TV that kept going into standby
mode.
A TV repairer told me it was a faulty IC (EEPROM) which he replaced with a
different IC as he could not obtain the same one.
Now in the service menu, my TV can only be set to various 25 inch and 28
inch factory default Hitachi models and not the 32 inch model I have.
The TV is now going into standby again. Reading various posts, I see the
problem is relating to dry joints around the IC005 area ( I could be wrong
though). It look like this is the IC that was replaced as it looks like it
has been resoldered.

The markings on IC005 a

ST MAL F
24W16 1
900731

I have been told that the figures above is only 1 digit different to the IC
I originally had

I have resoldered various parts on the PCB (including IC005) and the TV now
works.
Can somebody please confirm if it is IC005 that controls the TV model number
in the service menu.
If I am way of the mark, which IC is controlling the model settings?
If it is, what is the IC part number that I require and where can I obtain
one from in the UK.

Thank You.