Peter Bogiatzidis

Default No video/audio output on Mitsubishi VS-582R

Hello,

I'm looking for some troubleshooting help on a Mitsubishi VS-582R. There is
no video or audio at all. I believe that there may be a humming noise
present, but that may have been there all along and was masked by normal
usage. I DAGS but only found convergence problems mentioned. Does anyone
have any pointers as to what to look for or check? Also, am I correct in
assuming that there is some sort of lamp present seeing as how it is a rear
projection TV? Thanks in advance to anyone who posts a reply here.

Peter

---

David

Sure, it has a lamp just like the overhead projectors used in schools.
NOT.
Time to call on a professional who is experienced with repairing
electronics, specifically RPTV sets for an estimate. From your
posting it is probably highly dangerous for you to attempt any repair
on that tv set.

David

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message .com...
Hello,

I'm looking for some troubleshooting help on a Mitsubishi VS-582R. There is
no video or audio at all. I believe that there may be a humming noise
present, but that may have been there all along and was masked by normal
usage. I DAGS but only found convergence problems mentioned. Does anyone
have any pointers as to what to look for or check? Also, am I correct in
assuming that there is some sort of lamp present seeing as how it is a rear
projection TV? Thanks in advance to anyone who posts a reply here.

Peter

---

James Sweet

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message

.com...
Hello,

I'm looking for some troubleshooting help on a Mitsubishi VS-582R. There

is
no video or audio at all. I believe that there may be a humming noise
present, but that may have been there all along and was masked by normal
usage. I DAGS but only found convergence problems mentioned. Does anyone
have any pointers as to what to look for or check? Also, am I correct in
assuming that there is some sort of lamp present seeing as how it is a

rear
projection TV? Thanks in advance to anyone who posts a reply here.

Peter

That's a CRT projector as are most PTV's, there's no lamp, just three very
bright monochrome picture tubes, one for each color. Since you have no audio
or video it sounds like there's either a power supply problem, or the set is
detecting a fault and shutting down. There's really no way to tell without
looking at it and taking some measurments. If you don't know what you're
doing, as seems to be the case, take it to a pro, projection sets are much
more complex and finicky than direct view TV's, there's nothing you can do
without proper tools and training aside from breaking it worse. If you still
can't resist opening the back absolutely *DO NOT* start fiddling with random
adjustments as people often do.

BWL

Actually, on this set, you can make a rapid and safe diagnosis by removing the
front speaker panel, and looking for a 1.6 amp fuse near the front left area of
the set; if it's open, you need either a yoke or a flyback; OK and the power
supply is most likely the problem....this fuse carries B+ (over 100 volts) to
the horizontal output and flyback.