DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Q4402 for ProScan CTC169 needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/40425-q4402-proscan-ctc169-needed.html)

Matt Baum November 14th 03 05:35 AM

Q4402 for ProScan CTC169 needed

Re my previous post - and helpful answers.
[CTC 169 OnScreen Display Problem ]

Chassis is CTC 169AJ
Problem is most likely Horizontal Sync Buffer transistor - Q4402, listed
in the manual as "Stock Number 215495"

Anyone know how to find specs on this, what to replace it with, or where
to get an exact replacement?

TIA - Matt Baum

Shoreline Electronics November 14th 03 01:49 PM

Q4402 for ProScan CTC169 needed

Order from www.tritronicsinc.com

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

RonKZ650 November 14th 03 10:24 PM

Q4402 for ProScan CTC169 needed

You are aware this is a surface mount miniture transistor mounted on the bottom
of the board? It's a standard NPN surface mount transistor, comes 5 in a pack
available from any RCA distributer. It takes a small iron and steady hand to
replace.
Ron

Matt Baum November 15th 03 03:43 AM

Q4402 for ProScan CTC169 needed

Thanks Ron -
Yes, from the manual it is an NPN SMT device.

I primarily want to know if I need anything with high gain; fast speed;
or anything else critical.
It looks like a simple emitter follower - with nothing special going on,
but I would like to be prepared properly with the right new part before
tearing the thing apart.

Any further ideas?

Matt

MattBaum December 29th 04 03:29 AM

This again!

I finally got the transistor & replaced it.
Results same as before - OnScreenDisplay doesn't sync horizontally;
all else seems OK.

Since I now have the set apart, I checked the waveforms.
H pulses OK at base and emitter of Q4402 look just like what the manual
shows. Also waveform right at pin 23 of the micro is OK.

Micro pins 25 &26 (the passive components of the PLL) don't look so
great, but there are no manual waveforms to compare them with.
Any ideas - anybody??