DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA Projection Model P61830BL Intermittent Turn ON (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/40407-rca-projection-model-p61830bl-intermittent-turn.html)

Ron Novini November 13th 03 02:52 PM

RCA Projection Model P61830BL Intermittent Turn ON

With respect to RCA projection Model P61830BL (Chassis CTC195B, PTK 195
BT), this set came in originally with an intermittent dead symptom. When
the unit was left plugged in for several days, it would turn on as
expected
for the first couple days and then on the third or fourth day it would
not turn on. Measurement of the 5 volt regulator on standby was 4.95
volts which is OK. However the EEPROM (IC #U13102) pins 5 (2.80 volts),
pin 6 (0.07 volts) and pin 8 (2.83 volts) were below the required 5
volts.
After unplugging the unit and then plugging it in a few hours later, it
would turn on correctly for several days until the third or fourth day.
I changed the reset time for the FPIP IC as described at
http://wa6ati.com/CTC195-197.html.
This had only a marginal effect which allowed the unit to turn on
properly
for only a week longer. However, a new wrinkle appeared. The unit began
to turn itself off and on for a short period of time. Finally the unit
would shut down after a few seconds. I instructed the customer to unplug
the unit
overnight, but the unit shuts down after a few seconds when attempting
to turn it on the next day. Is it likely that the micro is defective?

Leonard G. Caillouet November 13th 03 04:42 PM

RCA Projection Model P61830BL Intermittent Turn ON

Front panel switches are a frequent problem on these units.

news:59a010594f94997830b3d7e9e4817285.123933@mygat e.mailgate.org...

David November 13th 03 10:10 PM

RCA Projection Model P61830BL Intermittent Turn ON

As-is conductive glue underneath any surface mount component causing all
kinds of intermittent problems.

David