Loose Cannon

Default Cell Phone Jammer

I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.
I am told that such a device could be built for $25 or $30 worth of parts.
Does anyone know what parts are required and how to build one?
I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.
I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn. It has been my experience that most things that are fun and
enjoyable in life are illegal.
Thanks for any input.

mike

Loose Cannon wrote:
I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.
I am told that such a device could be built for $25 or $30 worth of parts.
Does anyone know what parts are required and how to build one?
I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.
I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn. It has been my experience that most things that are fun and
enjoyable in life are illegal.
Thanks for any input.

When the person gets disconnected, what are they gonna do?
Look down at the phone and try to redial. You think that's
better???
Let us know where you're located. I'll help 'em track YOU down
if it's near me.
Your screen name aptly chosen.
mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
Honda CB-125S
Color LCD overhead projector
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser

Chaos Master

I found ancient runes from Loose ] in the floor of
sci.electronics.repair:

I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.

What would you think about this if ***YOU*** where using a cellphone in an
emergency situation, and someone jammed it?

I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn.

Electronics is not the best hobby for you. Get another one.

It has been my experience that most things that are fun and enjoyable
in life are illegal.

I don't think so.

--
'You receive a scroll of signature. It says:'
Chaos Master® - Posting from Porto Alegre - Brazil.

Jerry G.

This is a bad idea. People will be put more in danger, because the first
thing users will do is keep redialling while driving!

Also, ambulance, police, fire protection, and many public security services
are all on cell service now. Any jamming will give difficulty for public
security. This can cause loss of life!

As for the nature of RF characteristics, it is difficult to control signals
in a confined area. A jammer may radiate all over the place, causing other
problems, especially in hospital zones, and related areas.

If anyone is caught with any type of radio jamming device in most countries,
especially the UK, USA, and Canada, (especially in these times) there is an
immediate jail term, without permissible suspended sentence. Think about
that one!

--

Jerry Greenberg

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.
I am told that such a device could be built for $25 or $30 worth of parts.
Does anyone know what parts are required and how to build one?
I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.
I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn. It has been my experience that most things that are fun and
enjoyable in life are illegal.
Thanks for any input.

Loose Cannon

Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Sofie

Loose Cannon:
You would have to be naive to think that even if we knew how to build a cell
phone jammer that we would give you detailed instructions over a "public"
communication like the internet. ..... and I would think that you would
have to be naive to even ask how to build an illegal device over an internet
public forum. Furthermore, what you want to do is not only illegal as
hell, but as others have pointed out can disrupt important emergency
communication that someone's life could depend on.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Damien

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Design a circuit, purchase the components, build it. That's it!

(and probably the most help you'll get for it around here)

Damien

Volk

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:15:01 -0800, Loose Cannon wrote:

Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Get the : TV Joker on sale at this website......

Address : http://www.amazing1.com/security2.htm

Scroll down about half way.

Remember ...... Use this ONLY for TV s OK ?

Robert Grizzard

Loose Cannon wrote:

Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Yes.

Henry Mydlarz

Dunno about building one, but I know where to jam it - right up a troll's
behind....

Henry

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Mz Hemp 24

YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS YOU MISSED THE HOLE POINT HERE
THAT IS A GOOD IDEAL THE REAL MISTAKE WAS GIVING YOU IDIOTS ACCESS TO A CELL
PHONE YOU DUMMIES SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE
CELL PHONE OR DRIVERS LIC.
john

Go away little Boy.

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Mz Hemp 24" wrote in message
YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS YOU MISSED THE HOLE POINT HERE
THAT IS A GOOD IDEAL THE REAL MISTAKE WAS GIVING YOU IDIOTS ACCESS TO A

CELL
PHONE YOU DUMMIES SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE
CELL PHONE OR DRIVERS LIC.

Steven Busic

I hope you do build one... it will destroy your car long before it
destroys any nearby cell phones. I gave enough info in my first
response that a smart man would be able to use it as a starting point
for further research, but from your posts... I doubt you are a smart
man.
Alex Bird

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message ...
I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.

No, what you really want to do is send some sort of malformed signal
to the phone, scrambling the battery management software, and making
the Li-Ion battery explode whilst they're using their phone. Causes
_great_ injuries and discourages phone use !!

Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:17:07 -0800, "Loose Cannon" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.

I'm annoyed by tobacco addicts sucking on their nicotine sticks with
only one hand on the wheel, especially when the vehicle has a manual
transmission.

- Franc Zabkar
Daniel Rudy

Somewhere around the time of 11/08/2003 16:17, the world stopped and
listened as Loose Cannon contributed this to humanity:

I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.
I am told that such a device could be built for $25 or $30 worth of parts.
Does anyone know what parts are required and how to build one?
I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.
I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn. It has been my experience that most things that are fun and
enjoyable in life are illegal.
Thanks for any input.

Trust me, I'd love to...But being that it is illegal as hell, plus
emergancy services depending more and more on it (which translates into
someone's life), I will not help you build one. Could I build one?
Yes. Hmm...Loose Cannon...I say that your chosen name fits you quite well.

--
Daniel Rudy

Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.

TCS

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:17:07 -0800, Loose Cannon wrote:
I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of
my vehicle when I activate the device.
I am told that such a device could be built for $25 or $30 worth of parts.
Does anyone know what parts are required and how to build one?
I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to their driving when
they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think it is time to fight
back.
I am aware that such a device is probably illegal but frankly, I don't give
a damn. It has been my experience that most things that are fun and
enjoyable in life are illegal.

You'll give a damn when somebody trying to call 9-11 writes down your
license plate for a police report where a death could have been avoided.
You'll have plenty of time to think about it in jail.
TCS

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:15:01 -0800, Loose Cannon wrote:
Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

It's easy. You walk up to the offending cell phone. Grab it away from the
person using it. Hit "end".

If you get your lights punched out, so what? You're not a coward, are you?
Steven Busic

I agree that loose cannon shouldn't build a cell phone jammer.
However, even though a cell phone jammer is illeagal, the information
on how to build one is not. If I told him how to build one, and he
used it I would be safe from prosecution, however if he told me where,
when or even that he intended to use it I could be in trouble. I do
some what regret giving him as much info as I did about the HERF, but
it would destroy his car as well, unless he has a REALLY OLD car that
has no computers, PCBs, or chips in it.

"Sofie" wrote in message ...
Loose Cannon:
You would have to be naive to think that even if we knew how to build a cell
phone jammer that we would give you detailed instructions over a "public"
communication like the internet. ..... and I would think that you would
have to be naive to even ask how to build an illegal device over an internet
public forum. Furthermore, what you want to do is not only illegal as
hell, but as others have pointed out can disrupt important emergency
communication that someone's life could depend on.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
-----------------------

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message
Thanks for all the good input, guys! Now, do any of you electronics whiz
kids know how to build one of these?

Luddite

to build one? I get so sick of seeing drivers not paying attention to
their driving when they are yacking on their damned cell phones, I think
it is time to fight back. I am aware that such a device is probably
illegal but frankly, I don't give a damn. It has been my experience
that most things that are fun and enjoyable in life are illegal.
Thanks for any input.

its illegal to tell consumers that milk from your dairy contains
no hormones too. http://gbppr.dydns.org/PROJ/mil/celljam

BobD

"Loose Cannon" wrote in message ...
I would like to get a device that I can install in my car which would emit a
frequency that would mess up any cell phone signals within 100 feet or so of

Snip!

First you must provide a good antenna for the device or it won't be
worth a damn. A good antenna can be made from 14 ga copper wire. Take
one end and push it into your left ear. Continue pushing until the end
comes out your right ear. You will need about 6" on either side of
your head for this to work right. Cut the wire to the proper length,
then grab one of the ends and move the wire in and out. This will
create a flossing action in your brain.
Now you are ready for the electronics....

Thanks for any input.

You're welcome.

Dbowey

"A good antenna can be made from 14 ga copper wire."

In this case I suggest barbed wire, as the barbs will functon as directors and
reflectors over some of the frequencies.

Don
Jerry Greenberg

I would guess you have no respect for emergency, or distress services.
If you are jamming an essential service, this is a very serious
charge and carries legal charges. Under the radio communications act,
jamming of any signals is not legal.

Many of the users are doctors, emergency workers, and people that are
responsible for essential support. My wife is in the medical field,
and she has to use her cell phone at any time for emergency service
that can mean life or death. If someone would jam her phone during a
session and are caught, they would be an accessory to the incodent,
and would be legaly held responsible for their action.

It is not of your consern if someone is using their personal phone for
any reason. If this bothers you, then it is up to you to leave the
area.

Jerry G.

Cell Phone M. Anas Electronics 1 July 13th 04 02:17 PM
mobile (cell) phone jamming NorwichLad Electronics 53 February 9th 04 06:24 AM
cell phone jammer portability issue Navid Electronics 18 October 19th 03 04:20 AM