DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trouble with 17" ADI monitor: red/pink tint over screen (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/40107-trouble-17%22-adi-monitor-red-pink-tint-over-screen.html)

Andrew Bestfrenn November 1st 03 02:27 PM

Trouble with 17" ADI monitor: red/pink tint over screen

I have an ADI Microscan 17" 1998

I bought this monitor yesterday, and was told that it took a while to
warm up.

When I turned it on, it looked pink for about 20 or 30 seconds and
then
went to a normal color . It worked perfectly all day after that.
I went out in the afternoon and when I got back at 9 pm the monitor
had turned pink again. I tried turning it off and restarting it,
but it is still pink. It be just that the cable needs to be removed
and replaced or I may have to
adjust the green gun setting inside the monitor.

If you have any experience with fixing a similar problem?

Jerry G. November 2nd 03 04:26 AM

Trouble with 17" ADI monitor: red/pink tint over screen

It sounds like the tube is getting soft, or there are some components
failing most likely in the green channel.

Why would you buy a used monitor with a possible known problem??? These can
end up being not worth servicing.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG