DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need Help: Sony STR-S255 Receiver - no LCD Tuner display (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/40076-need-help-sony-str-s255-receiver-no-lcd-tuner-display.html)

suzuki October 31st 03 02:19 PM

Need Help: Sony STR-S255 Receiver - no LCD Tuner display

Hi,

I have a Sony STR-S255 Receiver that has no LCD display or backlights.
The main voltages +12,-12, +57 and -57 volt lines are okay. I have
no schematic presently and I wondered if anyone has seen this problem
that may have a solution.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Andy Cuffe October 31st 03 02:58 PM

suzuki wrote:

Hi,

I have a Sony STR-S255 Receiver that has no LCD display or backlights.
The main voltages +12,-12, +57 and -57 volt lines are okay. I have
no schematic presently and I wondered if anyone has seen this problem
that may have a solution.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Does the receiver work otherwise? Is it really an LCD, or is it a VFD,
or LED? Which one it is makes a big difference on how to trouble shoot
it.
--
Andy Cuffe

suzuki November 1st 03 01:26 PM

Need Help: Sony STR-S255 Receiver - no LCD Tuner display

Hi Andy,

Yes the receiver works. Tuner selection and amplifier works. Input
selection lights work (tuner,cassette, etc). I can not see the tuner
LCD display and backlights behind LCD display are not illuminated.
There is also a light on the center front panel for the power
amplifier that is not lit either. I believe it should be lit during
normal operation to show the amplifier is on?

Thanks
Roy